+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Demonic Cummings.

And with 42% of NHS beds allegedly empty, Im not sure about whether it would be "overwhelmed".

To the best of my knowledge as gleaned from various sources, they still don't know/aren't sure whether having had CV-19 gives immunity or not and if it does offer immunity is that a temporary thing for, maybe, 2 or 3 months or a permanent immunity?

If you don't know whether infection is followed by some kind of immunity, isn't the "herd immunity" route exceedingly dangerous?

PS - is it merely rumour that Cummings is the real man in charge and he is actually PM and Boris only has the job title?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    He wouldn't need to say anything - you're a farmer, you are subsidised. You might just as well ask why he didn't disclose the fact that he sometimes farted.
    Here was me under the misapprehension that you were intelligent. Suppose you can't win them all

It's always good to be on the receiving end of insults, you know you've won the debate as the other person has nothing else left to give. 😘

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

As regards Coronavirus he is alleged to have been a supporter of the ‘herd immunity’ strategy and advocated the adoption of that strategy as our first responsibility is to ‘protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad’!

It's very easy to argue against the 'herd immunity' strategy because it isn't guaranteed. But let's say that, for a moment, that the theory WAS guaranteed and you or I had to make a decision.

A, take action to protect the NHS and keep the death toll down to 30,000. In the process trashing the economy, resulting in a further 130,000 related deaths and much hardship for years to come.

or

B, expose everyone to the virus immediately, overwhelm the NHS for 3 months, the economy would take a smaller hit and the initial death toll would rise to 60,000. But the economy would recover far more quickly and as a result all those surviving would benefit.

An extremely tough decision, but if the results could be guaranteed then B would be the correct option. Trouble is, it is only a theory.
    Possibly even tougher than you’ve made out Ram...if you have parents who are pensioners...are indeed yourself a pensioner...or have anyone close to you who falls into the ‘vulnerable category’.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's always good to be on the receiving end of insults, you know you've won the debate as the other person has nothing else left to give. ��
    I’ll remember that...if and when I ever lift my finger from the ignore button that currently prevents me having to respond to Tricky’s nonsense.

It's a lesson learned from experience with Swale

[QUOTE=Geoff Parkstone;39484448]It's always good to be on the receiving end of insults, you know you've won the debate as the other person has nothing else left to give. 😘[/QUOTE

I bow to your superior debating powers . I must remember in future when I've nothing worth saying just say " farted "

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Possibly even tougher than you’ve made out Ram...if you have parents who are pensioners...are indeed yourself a pensioner...or have anyone close to you who falls into the ‘vulnerable category’.
    Agreed RA, but isn't that the course of action being taken in Sweden?

Trouble is, they'll never be able to quantify what would have happened if they'd gone down the lockdown route, like it will be difficult for us to say whether individual deaths in the future are a result of actions taken during this crisis.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)