+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: O/T Demonic Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry GP, I think all you’re doing is moving onto the safer ground of semantics as regards what is ‘knowledge’.

If I follow your reasoning above I would only have an opinion on four MP’s because I have only ever met, and conversed with, four MP’s, and history would be a complete waste of time with nothing to teach us because, of course, we haven’t met people from the past.

To an extent it is true to say that ‘history is written by the winners’ as it is true to say that what we know of current individuals we learn through (and via which maybe very different) the media.

My ‘knowledge’...of characters from General Haig to Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela to Boris Johnson is then formed by a combination of biography, historical account, media interview and media reporting. I won’t always be right, but I’ll back myself to be bright enough to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff as far as those accounts are concerned.

That’s what we, as human beings do, even with the people we think we know, and indeed with the contributors on here, very few - if any - of whom have actually met each other, but most of whom would be able to venture an opinion on who they’d actually be happy to spend time or see eye to eye with.
    I never took you to be anti-semantic rA

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Geoff I have to agree with all of that you are right to point out that two people can come to opposite opinions of the same thing Its people like Tricky and Ram who are just dismissive of anything that isn't right thinking or has the audacity to question anything this government does I'm very left thinking about a lot of things but I can honestly say I've never read the Guardian or looked at it on line They don't seem to understand newspapers have and always will be political
    I take exception there mista, yes I am a tory supporter, but not a blind one and have criticised them on a number of occasions. I don't tend to trust politicians full stop, but I find the tories generally the most competent and least hypocritical of the lot.

But being coming from the far left, you wouldn't understand that.

Getting back to what I was going to post, here in Birmingham, there has been a call for an investigation about the BAME figures.

The local NHS Trust has examined their own figures and come up with the following. You are particularly vulnerable if you are old, male, have high BP, and are diabetic and over weight.

Unfortunately, BAME people tend to suffer from these conditions. Why that is, is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I take exception there mista, yes I am a tory supporter, but not a blind one and have criticised them on a number of occasions. I don't tend to trust politicians full stop, but I find the tories generally the most competent and least hypocritical of the lot.

Me too.
    I am an ex miner. I was brought up in a Labour household.
    This sin't the Labour party I once supported and it's been dragged so far left, it's in danger of falling off a cliff.
    Do I prefer the Tories?
    Naaaaaaaaw, not in the least. But at the moment they are the best we've got so that says it all about the opposition.

Two things for me influenced that.
    Respect democratic votes and opinions
    Start concentrating on everyone, instead of pushing minority/trivial agendas to the front of the queue, for political gain.

Maybe then, we can have a more equal debate playing field.
    My bolshy attitude comes from the mess created by the opposition parties. I refuse to vote for that chimpanzee in the right coloured rosette, because my parents did.

Might it also be be that, as is so with the Italians and Spanish, BAME people tend to be more "family central" than most European peoples and often have large families and 3 or 4 generations in the same house. Any (pan)(epi)-demic will tend to infect them in higher numbers than people from smaller and less intra generational families. If those people are also old, male, have high BP, and are diabetic and over weight then you have a recipe for trouble. As '59 said, why BAME seem to have this mix of "disadvantages" is another question and one which needs addressing.

PS - of that list of "disadvantage" this 66 year old Caucasian is only missing Diabetes. I can boast high cholestorol and sleep apnoea to compensate for not having diabetes though.

I can trade you diabetes if you want the set MA. Personally I need the overweight to qualify for BAME status, so I guess its the kebeb shop ecery day for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

I understand everything pal if you find the Torys less hypocritical then that's a problem you have to live with Because I don't find them like that at all Johnson comes out of a NHS hospital full praise for the way he was treated ,when if you read his history he has derided and hated its very existence for years Was one of the same Tories who voted down the nurses pay rise in 2017 If you go on Y/tube very good video of him leading the cheering at the result

I understand everything pal if you find the Torys less hypocritical then that's a problem you have to live with Because I don't find them like that at all Johnson comes out of a NHS hospital full praise for the way he was treated ,when if you read his history he has derided and hated its very existence for years Was one of the same Tories who voted down the nurses pay rise in 2017 If you go on Y/tube very good video of him leading the cheering at the result
    Case proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Me too.
    I am an ex miner. I was brought up in a Labour household.
    This sin't the Labour party I once supported and it's been dragged so far left, it's in danger of falling off a cliff.
    Do I prefer the Tories?
    Naaaaaaaaw, not in the least. But at the moment they are the best we've got so that says it all about the opposition.

Two things for me influenced that.
    Respect democratic votes and opinions
    Start concentrating on everyone, instead of pushing minority/trivial agendas to the front of the queue, for political gain.

Maybe then, we can have a more equal debate playing field.
    My bolshy attitude comes from the mess created by the opposition parties. I refuse to vote for that chimpanzee in the right coloured rosette, because my parents did.
    Tricky give a rest pal you've been writing exactly the same for the last six years Think we're all well aware you an ex miner (apprentice) by now Love the but about the chimpanzee and the rosette must be at least six week since I've heared that one from you

Tricky give a rest pal you've been writing exactly the same for the last six years Think we're all well aware you an ex miner (apprentice) by now Love the but about the chimpanzee and the rosette must be at least six week since I've heared that one from you
    OK chimpy, want a banana?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)