+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy David Kelly Day

Happy David Kelly Day

Ahh, bloody hell...I've just seen this post. Now I know what you were on about!!

That goal....

I've just watched the flick on and the strike and listened to the crowd's reaction over and over again...gives me goosebumps because it puts me right back in the Milburn corner with all me mates (especially me best mate, Mark ) in amongst the flailing limbs, the sheer wide-eyed, unhinged mayhem and the old bloke grabbing hold of my arm as I found myself toppling over in another section of seating altogether and half laughing, half concerned saying 'calm down, son'.

Damn, there must be something in my eye....

I might celebrate the takeover as hard

Limbs in the dining room

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    I might celebrate the takeover as hard

Limbs in the dining room
    The Tiote equalizer against Arsenal is the closest I've ever known to the Kelly celebrations but still not as good-it was the entire future of the club at stake then, no matter how the next week's results played out.

Honestly, if I ever experience anything that beats it I might just have to call it a day.
    Last edited by Zippity; 25-04-2020 at 10:55 AM. Reason: isolation fingers

Jonas goal against West ham was some emotional limb moment... shame we spunked it and went down the next year anyway

Always Felt sorry for David Kelly after all he did for us to be sold before the premier league season started, Brilliant signing by Ossie though and in a way he helped save us by signing him.

Remember it well. From the moment it left his foot til it hit the back of the net seemed like hours. Definitely the most important goal in my lifetime (and I am getting old now)

Most amazing goal celebration ever. David Kelly did so much for our club. Many of the younger generation don’t even know who he is which is criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Most amazing goal celebration ever. David Kelly did so much for our club. Many of the younger generation don’t even know who he is which is criminal.
    And probably the only player to come on the pitch in red and white to a standing ovation

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Bob!!! Bloody hell, man. How the devil are ya??? Great to see you back on too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)