+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Piers Morgan

O/T:- Piers Morgan

Let me be honest from the start, I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan. I find the man ill-mannered, self-centred and unbearably smug.
    Just recently he has had a record number of complaints received by Ofcom re his interviewing style whereby he has rinsed a government minister per day for most of the last fortnight.
    ... and he has been magnificent.
    He has done what a proper journalist should do and not one of the top Tories he has confronted has even made an honourable draw of the interview.
    The latest today was Victoria Atkins and her performance was just lamentable.
    Their inability to answer his questions leaves them wide open so he reloads the gun and fires it through their waffle. They smile in frustration and he responds with 'why are you laughing, minister? Do you think this is funny?'
    All they need to do is admit that for 10 years the NHS has been denuded to the point where its stocks have run dry.
    Not their fault. Blame the previous governments in between 2010 and 2017. Oh but wait on...
    Yes, I am now a fan of Piers Morgan.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-04-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Let me be honest from the start, I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan. I find the man ill-mannered, self-centred and unbearably smug.
    Just recently he has had a record number of complaints received by Ofcom re his interviewing style whereby he has rinsed a government minister per day for most of the last fortnight.
    ... and he has been magnificent.
    He has done what a proper journalist should do and not one of the top Tories he has confronted has even made an honourable draw of the interview.
    The latest today was Victoria Atkins and her performance was just lamentable.
    Their inability to answer his questions leaves them wide open so he reloads the gun and fires it through their waffle. They smile in frustration and he responds with 'why are you laughing, minister? Do you think this is funny?'
    All they need to do is admit that for 10 years the NHS has been denuded to the point where its stocks have run dry.
    Not their fault. Blame the previous governments in between 2010 and 2017. Oh but wait on...
    Yes, I am now a fan of Piers Morgan.
    Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan is a self obsessed bore, with the manners of a pig . He doesn’t interview he harangues . The lack of any explanation from anyone in particular, is largely due to the fact that they are never allowed to complete a sentence without another of his porcine interruptions.

In view of his alleged association with phone hacking, I always thought he was a good listener . Obviously not .

Susanna Reid deserves an OBE for her sheer endurance.

I like him, he is as politically correct as that northern comedian whos name I cant remember. He gives it to Labour just as bad, his contempt for the programmed drones is wonderful. There is a problem though. Anybody can criticise with the twenty twenty vision of hindsight, and not having the pressures of fiscal competence and government.

I presume you are speaking from the position of never having managed anything ever.

In that position everything is easy, especially if you command the ability to see into the future, and be able to put right all that goes wrong. That's not the case, is it?

Morgan is shooting fish in a barrell. The government are doing the best they can with what they have got. Nobody is perfect. When political points can be made at the expense of your opponent, they will be made. Regardless. Politics is psychopathic. As jesus said," he who has not sinned can cast the first stone"

There is no pity. Labour cannot judge because in the history of british politics Labour fowk up all the time.

Labours ability to manage money is completely absent, its the Tories that have saved this country over and over.

Ite funny how Labour get voted in when we can afford it, and the Tories get voted in when it all goes wotsits up. Even in the garden of Eden there was a viper. Its called Labour in Britain. I would love to see a Tory government with money to spend, not fire fighting.

Even now we are 1.6 trillion and climbing in debt, but the commies want to spend spend spend. If you were 15 grand in debt in your current account, and 3 years behind on your mortgage, what would you do?

The responsibility of programmes is to get viewers, and a way to do that is to be as inciendary as possible. All channels do it. I wish we had a tory leaning news channel, even ITV are a disgrace.

The proof of being right is that you are in a minority. Except when the chickens come home to roost.

Like an election, we can all pimp around like t wats till then.

Norman of Bottisham.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    I like him, he is as politically correct as that northern comedian whos name I cant remember. He gives it to Labour just as bad, his contempt for the programmed drones is wonderful. There is a problem though. Anybody can criticise with the twenty twenty vision of hindsight, and not having the pressures of fiscal competence and government.

I presume you are speaking from the position of never having managed anything ever.

In that position everything is easy, especially if you command the ability to see into the future, and be able to put right all that goes wrong. That's not the case, is it?

Morgan is shooting fish in a barrell. The government are doing the best they can with what they have got. Nobody is perfect. When political points can be made at the expense of your opponent, they will be made. Regardless. Politics is psychopathic. As jesus said," he who has not sinned can cast the first stone"

There is no pity. Labour cannot judge because in the history of british politics Labour fowk up all the time.

Labours ability to manage money is completely absent, its the Tories that have saved this country over and over.

Ite funny how Labour get voted in when we can afford it, and the Tories get voted in when it all goes wotsits up. Even in the garden of Eden there was a viper. Its called Labour in Britain. I would love to see a Tory government with money to spend, not fire fighting.

Even now we are 1.6 trillion and climbing in debt, but the commies want to spend spend spend. If you were 15 grand in debt in your current account, and 3 years behind on your mortgage, what would you do?

The responsibility of programmes is to get viewers, and a way to do that is to be as inciendary as possible. All channels do it. I wish we had a tory leaning news channel, even ITV are a disgrace.

The proof of being right is that you are in a minority. Except when the chickens come home to roost.

Like an election, we can all pimp around like t wats till then.

Norman of Bottisham.
    I assume your Psychiatric Social Worker is self isolating

Dear Roger,
    As your first assumption is hopelessly wrong, I discounted everything you had to say. There is none so blind as he who cannot see. Did Jesus say that too?
    El Sid

Bernard Manning would have sorted Poncy Piers out , right up our Bernard's street.

On the subject of asking and answering questions, the daily coronavirus update should be renamed the "Daily Evasion Session". The lack of anything resembling a direct answer has gone beyond a joke. Any specific question is 'answered' with nothing but platitudes, evasion and waffle. I've heard many questions about PPE such as "have the government failed?", "should the government apologise?" and "were the government slow to act?" all get the same non-answer - "we are working incredibly hard", "we are leaving no stone unturned", and "protecting the brave NHS staff is our top priority". Not one minister has had the guts to be honest and say "sorry, we got this one wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Bernard Manning would have sorted Poncy Piers out , right up our Bernard's street.
    What an irrelevant comment. The man's dead, fgs. So he could have done a foul-mouthed rant and put PM in his place. Woo effin hoo.
    Is there not one living member of the Tories that can give honest answers and front up to Piers Morgan?

Its not surprising sid you discount EVERYTHING I say. Its the way to keep reality out. Denial at its best. Thank god the country have more sense than your tosh.

What am I not seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What an irrelevant comment. The man's dead, fgs. So he could have done a foul-mouthed rant and put PM in his place. Woo effin hoo.
    Is there not one living member of the Tories that can give honest answers and front up to Piers Morgan?
    Piers Morgan destroyed Lisa Nandy when she was completely unable to define what a woman is. According to her, it was anyone who identifies as one (that's when he started to identify as a penguin)... I loathe the man but he does call out nonsense from all parties when he sees it. I think there are very few politicians of any ilk who can stand up to him.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast