+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Piers Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan is a self obsessed bore, with the manners of a pig . He doesn’t interview he harangues . The lack of any explanation from anyone in particular, is largely due to the fact that they are never allowed to complete a sentence without another of his porcine interruptions.

In view of his alleged association with phone hacking, I always thought he was a good listener . Obviously not .

Susanna Reid deserves an OBE for her sheer endurance.
    Didn't he get fired from CNN because they were losing viewers at an alarming rate because of his bullying style?
    GMB is going the same way - won't be long before he's booking another first-class trip back to his pad in LA (I think he's mentioned this a few times)
    One-way this time though.

If Susanna wants an OBE I'd give her one.
    Quite what for though I can't imagine as she seems to spend most of the time listening to a producer in her earpiece.
    You can spot it easily, she can't hide it. Gormless expression gives it away.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Let me be honest from the start, I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan. I find the man ill-mannered, self-centred and unbearably smug.
    Just recently he has had a record number of complaints received by Ofcom re his interviewing style whereby he has rinsed a government minister per day for most of the last fortnight.
    ... and he has been magnificent.
    He has done what a proper journalist should do and not one of the top Tories he has confronted has even made an honourable draw of the interview.
    The latest today was Victoria Atkins and her performance was just lamentable.
    Their inability to answer his questions leaves them wide open so he reloads the gun and fires it through their waffle. They smile in frustration and he responds with 'why are you laughing, minister? Do you think this is funny?'
    All they need to do is admit that for 10 years the NHS has been denuded to the point where its stocks have run dry.
    Not their fault. Blame the previous governments in between 2010 and 2017. Oh but wait on...
    Yes, I am now a fan of Piers Morgan.

An obnoxious self opinionated hack. Just does it for sensational headlines. Your typical pathetic know it all. Remind me what he accused our troops of doing in Iraq..the piece of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Let me be honest from the start, I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan. I find the man ill-mannered, self-centred and unbearably smug.
    Just recently he has had a record number of complaints received by Ofcom re his interviewing style whereby he has rinsed a government minister per day for most of the last fortnight.
    ... and he has been magnificent.
    He has done what a proper journalist should do and not one of the top Tories he has confronted has even made an honourable draw of the interview.
    The latest today was Victoria Atkins and her performance was just lamentable.
    Their inability to answer his questions leaves them wide open so he reloads the gun and fires it through their waffle. They smile in frustration and he responds with 'why are you laughing, minister? Do you think this is funny?'
    All they need to do is admit that for 10 years the NHS has been denuded to the point where its stocks have run dry.
    Not their fault. Blame the previous governments in between 2010 and 2017. Oh but wait on...
    Yes, I am now a fan of Piers Morgan.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    An obnoxious self opinionated hack. Just does it for sensational headlines. Your typical pathetic know it all. Remind me what he accused our troops of doing in Iraq..the piece of garbage.
    Enough about sid......what do you think about Piers?

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Didn't he get fired from CNN because they were losing viewers at an alarming rate because of his bullying style?
    GMB is going the same way - won't be long before he's booking another first-class trip back to his pad in LA (I think he's mentioned this a few times)
    One-way this time though.

If Susanna wants an OBE I'd give her one.
    Quite what for though I can't imagine as she seems to spend most of the time listening to a producer in her earpiece.
    You can spot it easily, she can't hide it. Gormless expression gives it away.
    Did you run all that by the good ladies at Mumsnet first?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think he has cut and pasted his 'opinion' directly from mumsnet.

Didn't he get fired from CNN because they were losing viewers at an alarming rate
    He did: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lkshow-axe-cnn

And he's doing the same for GMB it seems.

I'm 50/50 on him. I've seen him do good interviews, especially with celebrities about their careers and personal lives, but his approach to interviewing politicians (of all flavours) dates back to the Jeremy Paxman school of bullying and rudeness, which might impress fellow journalists, but a lot of the public find it distasteful, which may be why they are changing channels.
    Last edited by jackal2; 28-04-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think he has cut and pasted his 'opinion' directly from mumsnet.
    No, his quotes were fully backed up by the ONS website.

Or at least they were when the figures agreed with him, when they didn't he called them a laughable source of information!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ladies? You mean the nurses and other health workers saying last week that hospitals are two thirds empty. A fact eventually reported yesterday on mainstream?

Ladies? You mean the nurses and other health workers saying last week that hospitals are two thirds empty. A fact eventually reported yesterday on mainstream?
    Yep, this death toll stuff is just made up sh!te.

It's quite simple Morgan is an arrogant git and mps always swerve questions that drop them in any form of poo. So it all adds up to what weve been getting. It's easy too get behind what's good and heap praise on them and have a go when things aren't so good, but it's not as black and white as Morgan paints things.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast