+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: NL board to decide early next week

That is mental its like saying the EPL will do what they can to keep Villa/Leeds in the league and get rid of Bournemouth/Norwich.

Yes we are the biggest club in the NL but teams like Burton/Rotherham/Rochdale/Accrington/Stags over the last 5-7 years have outperformed us.

We are where we deserve to be, anything else is just stupid talk.

My opinion is we wont play another game in the 2019/20 season so get used to being in the tinpot league for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    That is mental its like saying the EPL will do what they can to keep Villa/Leeds in the league and get rid of Bournemouth/Norwich.

Yes we are the biggest club in the NL but teams like Burton/Rotherham/Rochdale/Accrington/Stags over the last 5-7 years have outperformed us.

We are where we deserve to be, anything else is just stupid talk.

My opinion is we wont play another game in the 2019/20 season so get used to being in the tinpot league for another year.
    It's about money, Burton etc. is irrelevant. Notts' attendances are at least more than twice the amount of 16 other clubs at this level, there is no comparison with the Championship (it has its problems but a lack of support isn't one of them). Post Covid, there's now talk of there being too many professional clubs, that we need to downsize etc. The NL is under threat, losing Notts will weaken their voice. Look what happened that weekend when we carried on after all other leagues had stopped playing, all of the media focus was on Notts.

The NL would very much like us to get used to being in their tinpot league, to not question their decision making and to shut up and be good little boys.

Did the National League conspire with China to send a virus to keep Notts County in the fifth tier? Stay tuned to NCM!

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    Did the National League conspire with China to send a virus to keep Notts County in the fifth tier? Stay tuned to NCM!
    B@stards.

Every business is about money but we are hardly going to have huge viewing figures you are deluding yourself.

So our gates are twice of Accy your point is ?

There isnt too many clubs at all as I have stated on here before if you stay within your means/budget you will survive if you chase promotion and overspend you are going to run into trouble at some point and this virus has sped things up for some.

Bury to regain their place in league 1 as the season they folded doesn't exist. 1 up 1 down in league 2/NL hmmm 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Every business is about money but we are hardly going to have huge viewing figures you are deluding yourself.

So our gates are twice of Accy your point is ?

There isnt too many clubs at all as I have stated on here before if you stay within your means/budget you will survive if you chase promotion and overspend you are going to run into trouble at some point and this virus has sped things up for some.
    "huge viewing figures" is your phrase not mine, but they'll obviously have less people watching the highlights and live games with less high profile clubs, so it stands to reason the NL won't be in as good a position to negotiate a new TV deal. It's not going to be worth much anyway but at this level every penny counts, right?

Do you really believe the NL haven't considered the impact of losing another high profile club and that decision making will not be influenced by that?

I don't care about Accrington, they are two levels higher than us in a league that averages almost 9k, good luck to them.

Yes every penny counts for most teams agreed.

Not sure what NL think I doubt they are holding us hostage but it is the hardest league to get out of percentage wise as only champions can go up directly.

I just mentioned as a point you can do well on smaller gates if you are smart

Nah. Clubs haven't seen a penny of their most important source of income for two months, have players out of contract very soon (some from today), and are being asked to extend contracts for an unspecified extra period without knowing how they'll pay them. The EFL is going to be in the same position in the next few weeks, they just have the luxury of being able to kick the can down the road for a bit longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

listen to that leaked from Bristol Rovers....

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast