+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy Branston Interview

Guy Branston Interview

Please forgive the boredrline spamming but this is my lad's new blog as he establishes himself as a journalist and he's got some cracking interviews coming up with soem top Millers legends.

It is 20 years on from that goal at Hartlepool, and Guy Branston (Psycho to you and me) talks to Kelham Hilton about his time with the Millers and much more. Good read even if I do say so myself.

https://the-new-york-way.com/2020/04...88e3#comment-2

Quote Originally Posted by S8_Miller View Post
    Please forgive the boredrline spamming but this is my lad's new blog as he establishes himself as a journalist and he's got some cracking interviews coming up with soem top Millers legends.

It is 20 years on from that goal at Hartlepool, and Guy Branston (Psycho to you and me) talks to Kelham Hilton about his time with the Millers and much more. Good read even if I do say so myself.

https://the-new-york-way.com/2020/04...88e3#comment-2
    Thanks for that S8. Nice to have some football on here. One constructive comment for your lad (from Poddington maybe ), paragraphs would be an easier read than almost every sentence being it's own paragraph.

S8 thank your lad for that I enjoyed it.

Branston - met him in Elliot's bar one night, in the gents actually. Trousers around his ankles and obviously smashed out of his head. Asked him if he was okay and I got a mumble of words in reply .

Another occasion was a pre season friendly game against Scarborough. Walking towards the ground with my late Father- in -law and who should approach us but Guy. 'Where's the nearest chippy?' he asked. I asked if he was playing today and he told me that he wasn't going to come on while late in the second half, he was starving and wanted some grub

I told him where where we had passed a chippy and off he went down the road. Sure enough he played late on in the second half....legend!

Last time of meeting was the last visit to Wembley. Stayed in the same hotel as my mate and myself. Top man, stopped for a picture for anyone who asked him. Wished we had his character in the team now, it's that sort of gusto that drives everyone forward. Bit of a hot head but highly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks for that S8. Nice to have some football on here. One constructive comment for your lad (from Poddington maybe ), paragraphs would be an easier read than almost every sentence being it's own paragraph.
    Cheers CAM yes agree, I'm usually his biggest critic and he doesn't usually mind constructive criticism so I will pass this on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    S8 thank your lad for that I enjoyed it.

Branston - met him in Elliot's bar one night, in the gents actually. Trousers around his ankles and obviously smashed out of his head. Asked him if he was okay and I got a mumble of words in reply .

Another occasion was a pre season friendly game against Scarborough. Walking towards the ground with my late Father- in -law and who should approach us but Guy. 'Where's the nearest chippy?' he asked. I asked if he was playing today and he told me that he wasn't going to come on while late in the second half, he was starving and wanted some grub

I told him where where we had passed a chippy and off he went down the road. Sure enough he played late on in the second half....legend!

Last time of meeting was the last visit to Wembley. Stayed in the same hotel as my mate and myself. Top man, stopped for a picture for anyone who asked him. Wished we had his character in the team now, it's that sort of gusto that drives everyone forward. Bit of a hot head but highly entertaining.
    Nice memories Brin. Always like Guy as a player, he was a 100%er who wore his heart on his sleeve.

Next up for Kelham's New York Minute is Richie Barker.

Great read - many thanks for posting

Pat your lad on the back S8

When I first saw your name I thought I’d gone back too far on board

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Pat your lad on the back S8

When I first saw your name I thought I’d gone back too far on board

Haha yes it has been a while since I was a regular but I'm missing football like mad.

Yes that was a good first effort

Guy must have been a real psycho deciding to sign for Wednesday

Excellent read S8_Miller.
    Really enjoyed that article.
    Memories are made of this...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast