+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Football restarting. . .

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    a week ago or so an "expert" came out with the statement that the UK would have the highest deaths in europe After the gasps finished he went on to say of course we wil,l we have the biggest population - check the figures - we are lower than spain and italy deaths per million .Figures manipulated?- well they come from the ONS and health service both independant of the government who have all along relied on the boffins for actions . Boris will get kicked out and labour will march in , so your not anti boris um.
    There are more than plenty of "Boris bashers" among the Gory Tories Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    We are at present but only just and ours is expanding at a quicker rate than the others around us so in a couple of weeks we could be top of the league, paticularly if the government put up their hands and disclosed THE TRUE FIGURES.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/
    You can't trust the figures from many countries. Ecuador claim to have 1000 cov_19 deaths despite them digging mass graves, giving cardboard coffins to people who have had dead in their homes and back yards for days, people being given death certificates without a body (WTF) while investigating journalists claim there have been 7000 deaths in one city alone.

We may find out the true figures in the future.

I've thought about this and swung one way to the other sometimes at the same time, but I think the sensible thing is to knock it on the head until next season at least.

Life is more valuable than the 750 million odd the clubs will lose, and that ladies and gentlemen is what this is all about - not raising morale or returning to normal but cold hard cash.

Make no mistake, Covid will be around for a while and I reckon we haven't seen the worst of it yet whether that be a second or even third wave I dont know.

Folks have said that countries are manipulating figures - including ours and I agree. Many African and South American countries were falling about before this, do you really think they have resources for millions of tests when our shiit show can't even manage it? Do you think India only have 37k cases or Iraq 2k when neighbouring Iran were ravaged - I would even doubt their numbers.

Nah, this is going to be a thing for years to come with various rotations of waves coming and going. Normal has gone I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    We are at present but only just and ours is expanding at a quicker rate than the others around us so in a couple of weeks we could be top of the league, paticularly if the government put up their hands and disclosed THE TRUE FIGURES.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/
    where are the true figures people keep ranting about ? or is it another false news to attack the goverment with - would've been great to have a labour government with diane abbott as health minister lol

I want the season to end. The game is nothing without fans. If it goes ahead behind closed doors it will show how much those who make decisions think of the fans.
    I honestly can't see fans in attendance until at least after Christmas.

where are the true figures people keep ranting about ? or is it another false news to attack the goverment with - would've been great to have a labour government with diane abbott as health minister lol
    Who gives a **** who is in Govt or who has done this or hasn't done that. At the end of the day over 26000 have lost their lives. Let those who are doing their best do it and when we eventually come out the other side then ask questions to the questions that need asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Who gives a **** who is in Govt or who has done this or hasn't done that. At the end of the day over 26000 have lost their lives. Let those who are doing their best do it and when we eventually come out the other side then ask questions to the questions that need asking.
    my point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I've thought about this and swung one way to the other sometimes at the same time, but I think the sensible thing is to knock it on the head until next season at least.

Life is more valuable than the 750 million odd the clubs will lose, and that ladies and gentlemen is what this is all about - not raising morale or returning to normal but cold hard cash.

Make no mistake, Covid will be around for a while and I reckon we haven't seen the worst of it yet whether that be a second or even third wave I dont know.

Folks have said that countries are manipulating figures - including ours and I agree. Many African and South American countries were falling about before this, do you really think they have resources for millions of tests when our shiit show can't even manage it? Do you think India only have 37k cases or Iraq 2k when neighbouring Iran were ravaged - I would even doubt their numbers.

Nah, this is going to be a thing for years to come with various rotations of waves coming and going. Normal has gone I reckon.
    When the vaccine is developed and (just as importantly) produced in sufficient quantity, COVID-19 will disappear as a problem.

It’s likely others will follow, however. If we don’t find a way to reduce our population, nature will do it for us as it has on countless species since the beginning of life on earth.

No. It is false news from the government to attack the public with.

And in case you hadn't noticed the labour party is restructured and where do you think Diane Abbott is in the pecking order.

Right down at the bottom with Jeremy Corbyn where they belong.

my point exactly
    I'll wager when the truth comes out that the true figure is nearer 40,000

And when those questions get answered with honesty, if eve, then there will be many red faces and excuses to be made.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)