+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football restarting. . .

Football restarting. . .

My friend has been sent this from another friend who has got quite a lot of football things right before, he is sceptical but does acknowledge the timeline makes sense, another of my friends who works for BT has said they have been told to prep for a June start for football as well.

Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.

It could all be *******s but equally, one of the many many ideas that has come out has to be correct.

This is just me playing devil's advocate but I wonder what it is about football that makes it think it's different from every other sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    This is just me playing devil's advocate but I wonder what it is about football that makes it think it's different from every other sport?
    The money it has involved and makes.

The popularity of it.

isn't f1 planned to start again

its the best idea they can come up with.

The UK is the biggest covid 19 hotspot outside of America!
    The figures are manipulated massively and it will come back to bite Boris in the arse once the truth gets out.
    The new Labour leader will be able to stroll along to number 10 and take over when the truth is exposed.

Not all countries compile statistics the same way. Some barely even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    The new Labour leader will be able to stroll along to number 10 and take over when the truth is exposed.
    Boris has 5 years in power.

He doesn't have to call an election, he has an 80 majority.

By the time of hte next election, there will be numerious things Labour have done that can be used against them under Sir Keir Starmer.

If this had happened year 3 or 4 i'd agree with you but at this stage of the govt. cycle. . . I seriously doubt it.

I have been wrong many times before though

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    its the best idea they can come up with.

The UK is the biggest covid 19 hotspot outside of America!
    The figures are manipulated massively and it will come back to bite Boris in the arse once the truth gets out.
    now that istypical labour reply never mind what's been achieved never mind the crisis lets attack the government

the comparative numbers we ain't the worst

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

note the number of deaths per million

Apparently, we've joined Belgium in including care home deaths. Spain and Italy do not.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)