+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season over?

IF the EFL leagues are over and done with I'm calling time on the Prediction League the table will stand as it is.

There will not enough going off in the Premiership should they decide to carry on, in order to formulate a 10 game fixture list as the games may well be scattered throughout the week.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So if my maths is reight if this is reight

There will be 23 teams in prem next season
    24 in champ
    23 in div1
    22 in league 2 as I understand only one is coming up from National league

A couple of thoughts Bolton will remain in league 1 and have got away with murder.
    Division 1 will still be a team short because of the loss of Bury this season.

Also how will this affect the points deductions of pigs, rams ans brums?

And I am right assuming we will have to finish 7th bottom in the champ to avoid relegation? A big ask but if the 3 teams supposedly getting points deductions get a good hit for us it will perhaps give us slightly a better chance...

Of course this all assumes we don't lose anymore teams because of the lock down.

I am assuming no playoffs but how are 3rd places sorted. Some teams also have games in hand eg Wycombe

Worra mess!

Talk me thru it Brin...mi heads spinning...

chuffin eck that was meant to be a spinning head but I made a balls up of iy and now cant remove it..doh!
    If final positions are decided on an average points per game basis and the top 3 teams are promoted, Wycombe would move up from 8th to 3rd and go up. Can't see that going down well!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Just found a piece on Daily Mirror website saying after yesterday's EFL board meeting, players in the Championship and Leagues One and Two have been told it's likely that the season will not be completed below the Premier League.

The EFL board meeting, PFA representatives from each club were told to pass on to their teammates that there is a very real possibility of no more football taking place this season.

Rumours are there has been a clanger dropped by the Bristol Rovers chairman on a whatsapp he's passed on stating the season is over. To add to this and allegedly, Alex Rodman, PFA rep, released it to him. All speculation at the moment so sit tight it may really be over.

3 up from each League with no relegations. Obviously more will drop next season so the Leagues will balance back out again.
    There's a copy of the recording on the gaschat website, after the BBC got hold of it.

Suggests that the 3 promoted teams would be 'on sporting merit' whatever that means. So I guess it would be current standings - Wycombe go up in 3rd, or average points per game - Oxford who are currently 8th would go up.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    There's a copy of the recording on the gaschat website, after the BBC got hold of it.

Suggests that the 3 promoted teams would be 'on sporting merit' whatever that means. So I guess it would be current standings - Wycombe go up in 3rd, or average points per game - Oxford who are currently 8th would go up.
    Other way round.

and all this assumes that it will be safe to commence a new season in August which is by no means guaranteed.

If we do go up on a PPG rule then it could mean we could be playing maybe half of our cship games next season behind closed doors.
    Difficult to get excited about that

I couldn't really care less if they promoted Bolton, it's the substantial points deduction at S6 that I'm interested in
    Last edited by flourbasher; 30-04-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    and all this assumes that it will be safe to commence a new season in August which is by no means guaranteed.

If we do go up on a PPG rule then it could mean we could be playing maybe half of our cship games next season behind closed doors.
    Difficult to get excited about that

I couldn't really care less if they promoted Bolton, it's the substantial points deduction at S6 that I'm interested in
    And Derby and definitely Reading who have way overspent on their FFP budget. Let’s not also forget Birmingham who are being challenged over the initial outcome not to fine them or dock them points. This is the second time they had flouted the spending laws.

I'm not even going to.attempt working all this out..I'm a lorry driver not a mathmafeckintician

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Just took this from the official Bradford city web site....

'City For All' 2020/21 season-ticket sales have today been suspended.

The decision has been taken as the club continues to await further information regarding a conclusion to the current campaign, with the start date for next season yet to be confirmed.

This comes following a meeting yesterday held between the EFL and the Bantams' Sky Bet League Two colleagues.

City officials have recently been informed of the ever-growing possibility of supporters being unable to attend matches until 2021.

And it is now highly likely that next season will commence behind closed doors.

Should this be the case, the club will endeavour to ensure those who have already purchased season tickets for the coming campaign will be able to view matches - FREE of charge - from home via iFollow.

If this is not preferred then refunds will become available at a later date.

The club will move to update supporters on this matter as soon as possible, with talks to continue over the coming weeks between the relevant governing bodies.

PLEASE NOTE: The previously-stated Sunday May 31 'City For All' 2020/21 season-ticket deadline no longer applies.

It has also been confirmed by BBC West Yorkshire Sport daily. If this is the case then the season must really be over for the EFL
    Last edited by Brin; 01-05-2020 at 01:17 PM.

This "solution" seems to be gathering pace on several platforms

However just cannot see how clubs can finance playing for half a season or more behind closed doors or, if start of season was delayed until 2021 how they can maintain current contracts and "promotion" bonuses which will more than likely be written into many contracts.

Clubs will fold

Surely this will affect us now particularly if we go up where costs are much higher
    Can the Stewart family bank role us for 10 months with no season ticket sales or gate receipts.
    Maybe they could sell half season tickets this summer for the latter part of next season as at least it's something

Will we be able to try and re-sign loan players like Iverson and Barlasser or will they be the result of an inevitable cost cutting measure.
    It's tough enough in the cship but if we're less equipped than before it's not going to be very enjoyable

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast