+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Season over?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Interestingly I saw a you tube cast by Benjamin Bloom earlier today who had calculated what would have happened last season had the league finished on March 13th. He said that us Bolton and Ipswich would still have gone down.

What he didn’t say was that we would have gone down by ONE GOAL behind Wigan.
    ...and if we hadn't played out the last quarter of the season with just one striker (who had a broken toe)?
    We should have stayed up fairly comfortably, but for whatever reason, the will to do it just didn't seem to be there. Very puzzling, even now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ...and if we hadn't played out the last quarter of the season with just one striker (who had a broken toe)?
    We should have stayed up fairly comfortably, but for whatever reason, the will to do it just didn't seem to be there. Very puzzling, even now.
    This is an opinion you have posted ad infinitum Mike. Care to share with us your qualifications to back it up? Shouldn't be too hard with your Photoshop dexterity.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    That's what brin normally says ��

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    This is an opinion you have posted ad infinitum Mike. Care to share with us your qualifications to back it up? Shouldn't be too hard with your Photoshop dexterity.
    The calculation posted earlier by Nardendee was that we failed to stay up by ONE goal, and that was what I as referring to. Maybe a striker with no broken toes would have been able to add one more goal to our total? The maths aren't too complicated

Yes, I know that it was only a calculation, and may have had a different outcome in real life, but it suggests that we were very close to staying up. Don't blame me for the calculation - I didn't make it. If you think that there is something wrong with the calculation/model used for it why not explain why. Not sure what Photoshop as got to do with it.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-05-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Everyone knows we should have beaten both of the Sheffield teams 6-2 at home based on superiority and chances.
    There's four more points and eight more goals.

BSc in football analysis

Can't see any decisions being made before Boris addresses the nation on Sunday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234