+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season over?

Season over?

Just found a piece on Daily Mirror website saying after yesterday's EFL board meeting, players in the Championship and Leagues One and Two have been told it's likely that the season will not be completed below the Premier League.

The EFL board meeting, PFA representatives from each club were told to pass on to their teammates that there is a very real possibility of no more football taking place this season.

Rumours are there has been a clanger dropped by the Bristol Rovers chairman on a whatsapp he's passed on stating the season is over. To add to this and allegedly, Alex Rodman, PFA rep, released it to him. All speculation at the moment so sit tight it may really be over.

3 up from each League with no relegations. Obviously more will drop next season so the Leagues will balance back out again.

French season been called PSG awarded title

So if my maths is reight if this is reight

There will be 23 teams in prem next season
    24 in champ
    23 in div1
    22 in league 2 as I understand only one is coming up from National league

A couple of thoughts Bolton will remain in league 1 and have got away with murder.
    Division 1 will still be a team short because of the loss of Bury this season.

Also how will this affect the points deductions of pigs, rams ans brums?

And I am right assuming we will have to finish 7th bottom in the champ to avoid relegation? A big ask but if the 3 teams supposedly getting points deductions get a good hit for us it will perhaps give us slightly a better chance...

Of course this all assumes we don't lose anymore teams because of the lock down.

I am assuming no playoffs but how are 3rd places sorted. Some teams also have games in hand eg Wycombe

Worra mess!

Talk me thru it Brin...mi heads spinning...

chuffin eck that was meant to be a spinning head but I made a balls up of iy and now cant remove it..doh!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rolymiller; 30-04-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: fffff

Done it!

Roly, it would only really work if it were 3 up 3 down from each league apart from League 2 with four coming up to compensate Bury being removed and 2 coming up from the National League with one dropping out.

Please remember that beneath the National league all of the leagues have been avoided

Chuffin ell gwru I thought my reasoning was complicated enough!

Don't forget 23 teams will be promoted from League 1 in order to get Bolton into the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Chuffin ell gwru I thought my reasoning was complicated enough!
    Deleted that post if there's going to be no relegations working the way up 3 up from the National league into league 2. 3 up from league 2 into league 1. 2 up from league 1 & the championship. To have a minimum of 24 sides in each league of the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Don't forget 23 teams will be promoted from League 1 in order to get Bolton into the Championship.
    You're getting bitter!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast