+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: French league

French league

I see the French league is now called as finished. PSG are champions.

Looks like we are going to try to finish our season. Its probably the best outcome for the prem but a bad one for european competitions and the euro championships and the players to be fair.

None of the players are going to be match fit, there is an increased risk of niggling injuries. The summer break will be significantly shorter and then you get players fatigued quicker and it will kick on into the euro's next summer.

If the prem didnt have so much money, our season would have been ended too.

Feel a bit sorry for the FA., if they void the season, the league lose hundreds of millions, there will be lawsuits from everyone.

If they say the current standings are final, they lose hundreds of millions and face lawsuits from everyone.

If they resume the season and a player of coach dies, they face lawsuits and will no doubt have the reputation tarnished and lose millions

I'm surprised that no-one's told the tv companies to go swivel in terms of claiming back money for unplayed matches?

These are extraordinary times and normal rules don't seem to apply-people are losing money all over the place for things they've paid for but they haven't had the benefit of (holidays, weddings, etc) and businesses are losing out massively too. I dunno...maybe it's in the contract that they have to return money for unplayed matches whatever the circumstances.

Whatever the end result, you can be sure that lawyers are going to make millions by rewriting contracts to add in a Coronavirus clause for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm surprised that no-one's told the tv companies to go swivel in terms of claiming back money for unplayed matches?

These are extraordinary times and normal rules don't seem to apply-people are losing money all over the place for things they've paid for but they haven't had the benefit of (holidays, weddings, etc) and businesses are losing out massively too. I dunno...maybe it's in the contract that they have to return money for unplayed matches whatever the circumstances.

Whatever the end result, you can be sure that lawyers are going to make millions by rewriting contracts to add in a Coronavirus clause for the future.
    yeah no doubt mate. Same can be said for things like holiday insurance, mortgages and such. No matter what, we will end up paying more in the long run because of this

Aye, we will, but I guess there's no way round it.

They should stop p u s s y footing around this and say the season has ended. Total nonsense all this English PL posturing.

Who cares if it is cancelled - Liverpool to be given Top spot and the rest fall into place - tough love but so what.

As for suing they will spend an awful lot of money on a nil result.

Just as a decade of austerity was coming to an end, are we about to go through it all again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Just as a decade of austerity was coming to an end, are we about to go through it all again ?
    Worse, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Worse, I reckon.
    Much worse - look how much has already been promised and given out.

In regards to French League, see that 2 TV companies (one our old friends BeIN) have refused to give out payments (about £240 million) because of it finishing early.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)