+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brighton 'not in favour' of finishing season at neutral venues

Brighton 'not in favour' of finishing season at neutral venues

Interesting point.
    Disadvantage maybe especially if you’ve already played the away game.
    If it comes to that though then what’s up with St George’s park? Everything is there with plenty of room to keep at a distance apart from playing the game obviously

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52517532

Football needs to get real .. it shouldn't be played at all .. if they want to make a difference. Go and be helpful by delivering food or medication to people.. not thinking that the country cant manage without football.. the leagues should finish end of.. promotion no relegation. No cup ties next season .to fit the extra games in .simple .. it's a one off freak season .. it's how it is ..

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    Football needs to get real .. it shouldn't be played at all .. if they want to make a difference. Go and be helpful by delivering food or medication to people.. not thinking that the country cant manage without football.. the leagues should finish end of.. promotion no relegation. No cup ties next season .to fit the extra games in .simple .. it's a one off freak season .. it's how it is ..
    Absolutely.
    The most overworked statement is about protecting the integrity of the competition. Well that was blown out of the water the minute the lockdown was imposed. The idea of playing in empty neutral stadiums is both farcical and desperate in equal measure and if they do that it will actually bring the competition into disrepute.
    The only sensible thing to do is say football will not restart until it is absolutely safe to do so.
    It will be unfortunate if the season is declared null and void but it's hardly the end of the world and all the other options seem unsatisfactory and open to question.
    People would say Liverpool won the league in 2019/20........yeah, not really though.

I’m starting to seriously miss football now, it just needs to be over and done with so we all know where we stand and let everyone move on to the next stage which hopefully is next season

I'm missing NYS nothing else. Hope to back there next season starting in September. Championship? Need some recruitment good enough if that's the league we'll be in. Looking forward to Kayode, Cooper & yes Lamy returning next season.

Three young players there with lots of potential to become first teamers following in Ben wiles,s footsteps.
    I also hope that we keep Lamy.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Three young players there with lots of potential to become first teamers following in Ben wiles,s footsteps.
    I also hope that we keep Lamy.
    I was looking forward to seeing more of Tilt
    Koroma & Adelakun both have something but it needs to show for 90 minutes
    I hope we keep Lamy

Our youth ( them that we’re out on loan) will have to step up when they’re back for a new extended contract

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I was looking forward to seeing more of Tilt
    Koroma & Adelakun both have something but it needs to show for 90 minutes
    I hope we keep Lamy

Our youth ( them that we’re out on loan) will have to step up when they’re back for a new extended contract
    Adelakun & Koroma brought nothing. Return to sender.

Football is divided.

The Premiership is sort of ok with behind closed doors games because they still generate income that way, but those outside the Prem need people to get an income.

Anything that’s being suggested to “help” football will have a strong influence of what’s best for the Prem and Sky they don’t give a toss about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Football is divided.

The Premiership is sort of ok with behind closed doors games because they still generate income that way, but those outside the Prem need people to get an income.

Anything that’s being suggested to “help” football will have a strong influence of what’s best for the Prem and Sky they don’t give a toss about the rest.
    Money talks. I would bet no players would even consider the farce of what's being suggested if it wasn't for the fact they get paid so handsomely. Baseball is considering the same route. A player who'd played in the one behind closed doors game held about 5 years ago (due to civil unrest in Baltimore) said, "I hated every minute of it, no atmosphere, no adrenaline, no better than a training session. I never want to do it again". Now faced with a 100 game season behind closed doors and getting his $15M v working as a greeter at Walmart for $15/h I wonder which he'll prefer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast