+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our greatest ever win

Our greatest ever win

It was a good win but against a poor team. Reminds me, whatever happened to tenpastchelsea who used to post on here?

For me I'd say 3 years earlier when we beat this Arsenal team 3-1 in the League Cup at Millmoor. They would go on to win the FA Cup that season.

Pat Jennings
    Pat Rice
    Sammy Nelson
    David O'Leary
    Willie Young
    Liam Brady
    David Price
    Graham Rix
    Malcolm MacDonald
    Frank Stapleton
    Alan Sunderland

How many more 6-0 home wins have we had? Notts Co at NYS and Kings Lynn in F.A Cup at millmoor, any more anybody.?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    How many more 6-0 home wins have we had? Notts Co at NYS and Kings Lynn in F.A Cup at millmoor, any more anybody.?
    I remember a 7-0 at Millmoor against Port Vale at the start of the 72/3 season but can't think of other 6-0

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Wolves in FA Cup if my memory serves me right

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I remember a 7-0 at Millmoor against Port Vale at the start of the 72/3 season but can't think of other 6-0
    Not sure if the years of any of these matches. We beat wolves 6-0 at Millmoor in the Facup and a few weeks later that beat us 1-0 at Millmoor with a last minute penalty. Their fans celebrated like they’d won the World Cup.

Late 70’s we beat Spennymoor 6-0 FACup R1

Seem to remember we put 6 past Hereford, which at the time was their biggest ever league defeat.

6-0 away at Millwall, springs to mind too.
    Didn’t we once put 7 past either Hartlepool or Darlington late 80’s early 90’s?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was a good win but against a poor team. Reminds me, whatever happened to tenpastchelsea who used to post on here?

For me I'd say 3 years earlier when we beat this Arsenal team 3-1 in the League Cup at Millmoor. They would go on to win the FA Cup that season.

Pat Jennings
    Pat Rice
    Sammy Nelson
    David O'Leary
    Willie Young
    Liam Brady
    David Price
    Graham Rix
    Malcolm MacDonald
    Frank Stapleton
    Alan Sunderland
    I'm with CA this has to be the finest in the last 50 years for those old enough to remember there's some great players in there and we were just an average division 3 side when we played them

in those days the teams didn’t run out together. The home team would run out then the away team.

When our players ran out the Arsenal fans cheered then realised it was us wearing a similar kit so started booing. Still makes me chuckle 40 odd years later.

Donno about greatest win but the greatest draw was the 3-3 draw against derby 10 mins to go 0-3 down and we banged 3 goals in, I remember my dad was gobsmacked he was gloating right up to that second goal of ours then he just looked at me and put his head in his hands and said I can’t believe it I have such a bad feeling about this and soon as best scores that second goal of his making it 3-3 and the crowd started asking lee camp what score was and he stuck his hands up 3-3 my dads words was I can’t believe we just threw this away and me and the guy next to him smuged at him.

Pure magic

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast