+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Our greatest ever win

One 4-3 score to the Millers against Coventry in 2001 at Millmoor, Mark Robins scored a hat trick that day, with a own goal the other for the Millers
    What made it special was that me & my wife, & oldest son were guests of the chief executive of Swindon Town, so were sat in the Swindon Towns directors box, sat next to me was Andy King the Swindon manager, son was sat with the owner Terry Brady, ( father of Karen Brady ).
    The Millers were 3-2 down at one point, in which Andy King decided to go to the dug out, it didn't help him with me & wife shouting the Millers on, Brady kept looking at us.
    Then Robins got 2 more for the Millers, some Millers fans said to us at half time, why were we shouting for the Millers, when we were in the Swindon Town directors box, I said I've been a Millers supporter since I was 9.

I'd forgotten about that one Eric -great match!
    ... in a great season
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-05-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    One 4-3 score to the Millers against Coventry in 2001 at Millmoor, Mark Robins scored a hat trick that day, with a own goal the other for the Millers
    What made it special was that me & my wife, & oldest son were guests of the chief executive of Swindon Town, so were sat in the Swindon Towns directors box, sat next to me was Andy King the Swindon manager, son was sat with the owner Terry Brady, ( father of Karen Brady ).
    The Millers were 3-2 down at one point, in which Andy King decided to go to the dug out, it didn't help him with me & wife shouting the Millers on, Brady kept looking at us.
    Then Robins got 2 more for the Millers, some Millers fans said to us at half time, why were we shouting for the Millers, when we were in the Swindon Town directors box, I said I've been a Millers supporter since I was 9.
    We were playing Coventry at Millmoor and you was at Swindon Town sat in their Director's box?

I remember going to Crewe 8th September 1973 when we won 8-1 after being a goal down. That was a surreal experience. It was one of the few brighter moments that year in an abysmal season.

Typically in the reverse fixture at Millmoor we drew 1-1

I went to 41 out of the 46 games that season, our first ever in League 4. It is still our worst ever finish in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I remember going to Crewe 8th September 1973 when we won 8-1 after being a goal down. That was a surreal experience. It was one of the few brighter moments that year in an abysmal season.

Typically in the reverse fixture at Millmoor we drew 1-1

I went to 41 out of the 46 games that season, our first ever in League 4. It is still our worst ever finish in the league.
    Must be our biggest away win? I was in Crewe that day, trainspotting Just goes to show how the world had changed as it was a week before my 13th birthday and I was already 'wandering' about on BR with no adult supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We were playing Coventry at Millmoor and you was at Swindon Town sat in their Director's box?
    We were playing Swindon Town at Millmoor not Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I'd forgotten about that one Eric -great match!
    ... in a great season

Just to clarify, match was....
    Millers 4 Swindon Town 3
    31/03/01

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Just to clarify, match was....
    Millers 4 Swindon Town 3
    31/03/01
    Thanks Mike. Just two over weeks before my last game at Millmoor (Easter Monday 1-0 v Cobblers) and 3 weeks before we went to Wigan and won 2-0, a win that catapulted us into the promotion mix.

1948. Ajax 0 Millers 4. That's my favourite result.

How often could you say that beating Liverpool 6-1 was not good enough? The Millers can:

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/2709

1955 we essentially needed to win 11-0 to get promotion. As it was Luton and Birmingham pipped us on goal average. Nearest we have ever come to promotion to the top tier. 65 years ago.

n.b Liverpool’s goal was in the 90th minute.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234