+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T CV19 could save the government a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Valid points, you've cleary watched The Big Short.

It was a flippant suggestion said in jest not seriousness. Surely you're smart enough to discern that.

But to be flippant again, People suffered through austerity to bail out those banks. Banks that were complicit in the crisis and they go hand in cap to the Govt who say here's the money you need, no worries, the weakest in society are the ones who should foot the bill. That alone is good enough reason for the banks to the foot the bill as yet another economic crisis looms. Yes this time it was not their fault but neither was 2008 the fault of the weakest in society who paid heavily under austerity.

Austerity doesn't work by the way. I'm no economist but to have been in a good position to deal with the crisis, in the 7 years prior we should have been a nation focusing on developing industry, manufacturing and exporting so that we build up a trade surplus. There's a reason why the German economy has been such a behemoth for decades.
    since the 80's its been the goal for all governments to build an economy based on london's square mile little labour costs etc for greater returns - sadly that has been goal of the EU mind they would like to strip london of it's financial power

Never watched the big short. I would imagine if it’s about the 2008 recession then it will be a boring movie. Is there a car chase in it? Or a baddie with super powers? Maybe a good twist, they are dead the whole time right?

If it’s proven China knew about this virus a lot earlier and covered it up until a whistle blower alerted the world but then continued to lie about the severity and infectiousness of the virus, i would make China pay for this. It won’t happen though.

We all want industry in our country but we all want cheap goods manufactured so we can all afford them. If the above turns out to be true then I’d start making sure manufacturing was moved to other parts of the world , even bringing some of at back to this country even if it costs a little more. I’m sure we’d all benefit from PPE factories in our country right now.

One things sure if China get away with this then it will happen again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickas View Post
    Never watched the big short. I would imagine if it’s about the 2008 recession then it will be a boring movie. Is there a car chase in it? Or a baddie with super powers? Maybe a good twist, they are dead the whole time right?

If it’s proven China knew about this virus a lot earlier and covered it up until a whistle blower alerted the world but then continued to lie about the severity and infectiousness of the virus, i would make China pay for this. It won’t happen though.

We all want industry in our country but we all want cheap goods manufactured so we can all afford them. If the above turns out to be true then I’d start making sure manufacturing was moved to other parts of the world , even bringing some of at back to this country even if it costs a little more. I’m sure we’d all benefit from PPE factories in our country right now.

One things sure if China get away with this then it will happen again and again.
    Their president should be indited for war crimes.
    This is a man made virus and it is biological warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Their president should be indited for war crimes.
    This is a man made virus and it is biological warfare.
    No such thing as a man made virus. You can however take deadly ness of one disease and add the infectiousness of another disease.

This one follows the pattern of the coronavirus found in bats so it hasn’t been altered by humans.

It may have been that a Chinese lab were studying coronavirus in bats and its escaped the lab by infecting a scientist or even dead bats being sold to the Chinese wet market.

The key for me is it seems that the Chinese knew a lot more than they have told the WHO and this could of been contained in China had the world been warned. I guess time will tell if that’s right. I just hope China’s pull on the worlds governments by way of trade deals doesn’t hinder the truth coming out.

No such thing as a man made virus. You can however take deadly ness of one disease and add the infectiousness of another disease.

This one follows the pattern of the coronavirus found in bats so it hasn’t been altered by humans.

It may have been that a Chinese lab were studying coronavirus in bats and its escaped the lab by infecting a scientist or even dead bats being sold to the Chinese wet market.

The key for me is it seems that the Chinese knew a lot more than they have told the WHO and this could of been contained in China had the world been warned. I guess time will tell if that’s right. I just hope China’s pull on the worlds governments by way of trade deals doesn’t hinder the truth coming out.
    Still doesn't alter the fact that China should be nailed to the wall, but they wont, big business will see to that.

Who else thinks sickas is the right wing gobshoite from Holbeach?
    If not he's just another right wing gobshoite from somewhere else..

Edit.mind in saying that, his footing spelling has improved dramatically.
    Last edited by ashingtoon62; 11-05-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Yes.

It all starts with us all, each and every one of us buying British - even better buy local even if it costs more.

But it is.not easy to convince a family on minimum wage struggling to even eat.

The question should be, do we really need to buy half the shiit we think we do?

This is the system we are in and the money men at the top are getting nervous - they want their skivvies back at work risking their lives because they are losing money, fk safety - and the government have left enough ambiguity so that bosses have the ammo to press gang their workforce.

Why do we support a system that helps the few, I am sure our wages are worth way less than they were 20 years ago?

The revolution is coming folks, maybe this is the start of something great. Maybe we should refuse to return to work until we are paid our worth and a government actually looks after irs people - what are wr 3rd in the world for total COVID cases and looking up the table at Spain, 1st in Europe for deaths.

And do you really want to download a fkn app that tracks your every movement? I seem to remember they wanted us to carry ID cards a few years ago, well they have their wish now with mobiles - and we even pay for the privilage ourselves. What about the government using that money to provide masks and gloves to the general public?

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Who else thinks sickas is the right wing gobshoite from Holbeach?
    If not he's just another right wing gobshoite from somewhere else..

Edit.mind in saying that, his footing spelling has improved dramatically.
    If being right wing means not attending the Dianne Abbott school or math or being relieved that Corbyn wasn’t elected even though I’ve spent my lifetime, which is long enough to know what happened years before 2008 , then I guess I must be right wing eh?

As for a gob****e well that’s your opinion. I always find these ‘new’ labour voters intolerant of any other views and quite nasty about it also.

And where the ****s holbeach?

None of these politicians do it for me I'm afraid. I cut BJ a bit if slack after the fker was hopitalised there but I am afraid he disappoints me more and more every day recently.

I will say that lass in New Zealand is someone we could do with here. Seems to be doing an epic job handling a lot of disasters down there in the past year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)