+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Efl

Efl

I've loved football all my life but the EFL are starting to gripe me from the pit of my stomach.
    Today Macclesfield have been deducted 7 points for not playing a match and not paying the teams wages in February.Right I know they've done wrong but to penalise the poorest team in the FL and possibly relegate them to the Conference league stinks when you've got bigger teams frauding the football league and its members with under hand dealings.
    I think Macclesfields crime were through necessity due to being skint Reading,Derby,Sheffield Wednesday ,Birmingham etc were done by pure greed.
    The EFL are there to support all clubs and supporters but I think they're punishing the wrong clubs.Fuming.

Surely Bill I thought you'd know by now there's one rule for the rich and one rule for the poor

I believe Birmingham city were docked 9 points last season Bill for overspending

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I believe Birmingham city were docked 9 points last season Bill for overspending
    They were and since then they've reoffended.The charge went to arbitration and Birmingham won but the EFL have appealed.
    I think in general the EFL find it a lot easier to penalise the smaller clubs because they can't afford to appeal through the courts.
    The Derby and Wednesday cases have been going on for months I just don't think they've got the balls to say right guilty has charged and deduct them 21 points which I think is the punishment for there offences.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Surely Bill I thought you'd know by now there's one rule for the rich and one rule for the poor
    Yes your right Dools and doesn't this ruling make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    They were and since then they've reoffended.The charge went to arbitration and Birmingham won but the EFL have appealed.
    I think in general the EFL find it a lot easier to penalise the smaller clubs because they can't afford to appeal through the courts.
    The Derby and Wednesday cases have been going on for months I just don't think they've got the balls to say right guilty has charged and deduct them 21 points which I think is the punishment for there offences.

History shows that they do tend to punish smaller clubs as you say. I remember Luton got docked 30 points one season. However, I'd also say that owners of small clubs who put their clubs in financial jeopardy need to look at themselves very closely and wise up because there's huge competition down there. There's people jobs on the line and the fans suffer too.

Bury folded earlier this season and I really felt for the people with the club in their heart. However, reading about how that Bury owner ran that club was absolutely crazy. To lay out the contracts he did for dud players fecked the club over big time and they payed the price. It's very sad.

Clubs in the conference vying for a place in the football league has added huge competition. It's no wonder Macclesfield find it difficult to stay competitive. They have averaged below 2000 supporters at Moss Rose this season. Established former football league clubs with a good history and support have fallen by the wayside and struggled to get out of non league in recent years which tells it's own story. Stockport, Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Wrexham, York and many more have been replaced by your Salfords, Fleetwoods, Forest Greens etc.

The clubs are mostly professional these days in non league and money involved at that level is really big comparatively speaking. When you think that a club as small as Forest Green can reach league 2 and compete at the top end every year despite getting average crowds of 2500, it says a lot. Salford have grown and continue to do so at an alarming rate. Fleetwoods rise has been quite sensational too. With this in mind I believe its pushed spending beyond some clubs limits in the lower leagues which will cause financial problems.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    History shows that they do tend to punish smaller clubs as you say. I remember Luton got docked 30 points one season. However, I'd also say that owners of small clubs who put their clubs in financial jeopardy need to look at themselves very closely and wise up because there's huge competition down there. There's people jobs on the line and the fans suffer too.

Bury folded earlier this season and I really felt for the people with the club in their heart. However, reading about how that Bury owner ran that club was absolutely crazy. To lay out the contracts he did for dud players fecked the club over big time and they payed the price. It's very sad.

Clubs in the conference vying for a place in the football league has added huge competition. It's no wonder Macclesfield find it difficult to stay competitive. They have averaged below 2000 supporters at Moss Rose this season. Established former football league clubs with a good history and support have fallen by the wayside and struggled to get out of non league in recent years which tells it's own story. Stockport, Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Wrexham, York and many more have been replaced by your Salfords, Fleetwoods, Forest Greens etc.

The clubs are mostly professional these days in non league and money involved at that level is really big comparatively speaking. When you think that a club as small as Forest Green can reach league 2 and compete at the top end every year despite getting average crowds of 2500, it says a lot. Salford have grown and continue to do so at an alarming rate. Fleetwoods rise has been quite sensational too. With this in mind I believe its pushed spending beyond some clubs limits in the lower leagues which will cause financial problems.
    I agree with most you've said but when the bigger clubs flaunt the rules to the extent its affecting fairness of the Championship I think its time for the ELF to man up and show the football world that cheating will not be tolerated.

There is really no surprise in this news, When clubs are on their Ar$e, due to coronavirus, And the sh1te they are having to put up with, the EFL can actually make a decision on this, yet not how to help lower league clubs
    They can act to deduct points, yet nowt else. No doubt this will be to the end that Promotes a club like Salford, or save the likes of them.

The Whole EFL, no,.... The whole Football governance in the works is corrupt. People will lose the will to support what was once the beautiful game. And I’m beginning to see why it’s so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    I agree with most you've said but when the bigger clubs flaunt the rules to the extent its affecting fairness of the Championship I think its time for the ELF to man up and show the football world that cheating will not be tolerated.
    flout

I must admit I'm not missing football.
    I think football is kidding itself if they think everyone will rush back.
    I think this break has shown football up for what it is - money.
    If this wasn't all about money they'd wait until it's safe to go back and finish the season properly.
    If they resolve this badly, and make unfair decisions to get what they want, people will see through it and be outraged.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast