+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next season??

Next season??

A lot of talk on how this season will end but if mass gatherings are still banned what do you think should happen with season tickets? Bare in mind that a good chunk of clubs income comes from season tickets without your money the club won’t be able to pay the players or buy any new players.

Just an idea but why don’t they renew season tickets like normal and while mass gatherings are banned (let’s face it it won’t be lifted this year) why don’t they send all season ticket holders a code to watch all home and away games on I follow? Only problem is they wouldn’t be able to play championship in weekdays because of sky having their greedy paws in the tv rights

Yes I get that a lot of older generation will be stuck in their ways and not use internet but there’s not much you can do.

Has anyone else got a better idea?

Clubs could offer full season tickets with half season access to view from home. IE Ifollow. with access to ground when safe to do so.
    Problem with this is folks in England can already access ifollow games for 5 euro. Or £10 inside UK ��

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Problem with this is folks in England can already access ifollow games for 5 euro. Or £10 inside UK ��
    That’s only occasionally though but let’s say they kept it as it is but showed home and away games on I follow £10 per game or £390 for the lot which lasts until people can go into stadium which then turns into a normal season ticket card.

Or for concessions they could get all home games

It works out the same price in end

The only draw back is clubs won’t get any money from away fans

Some league 2 clubs are not doing season tickets next year and pay on the gate only. I think they will lose money and attendances but it could be the only option.

One of the reasons that Portsmouth don’t want the season to end now is because they would potentially have to reimburse 14500 ST holders for the missed games.

I pay direct debit, as long as my pension gets payed RUFC can take my season ticket money, hopefully when this is all over and back to normal i want to be able to carry on supporting my club, after all at the moment im not spending money on owt else, and i would hope a big majority of the 5/6 thousand season ticket holders would do the same. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    I pay direct debit, as long as my pension gets payed RUFC can take my season ticket money, hopefully when this is all over and back to normal i want to be able to carry on supporting my club, after all at the moment im not spending money on owt else, and i would hope a big majority of the 5/6 thousand season ticket holders would do the same. UTM
    Even if you don’t get to watch it on I follow without paying again?

Wow just wow

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Even if you don’t get to watch it on I follow without paying again?

Wow just wow
    I would as well. Least I could do for what Tony has given to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I would as well. Least I could do for what Tony has given to me.
    I suppose if your only paying £215- £240 it’s nowt for pensioners now days

Slightly more of a problem if you pay the full £390 each year.

I’m really starting to wonder if pensioners should pay full price too they are all so rich

Never have never will watch I follow. Same with all weather horseracing. Soulless. If they get their act together can't see why we can't get home season ticket holders into the NYS come September if needs be. No away fans. Use away end to separate supporters. If the new season can't start then with crowds delay it. It's not football without the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I suppose if your only paying £215- £240 it’s nowt for pensioners now days

Slightly more of a problem if you pay the full £390 each year.

I’m really starting to wonder if pensioners should pay full price too they are all so rich
    Pensioners are very savvy as well as rich...lol..lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast