+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

I know everyone on here hates the Guardian but this is well-written.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...im#maincontent

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I know everyone on here hates the Guardian but this is well-written.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...im#maincontent
    Yes, very good. Fintan O'Toole's today was different class though.

I very much doubt 'everyone on here hates the Guardian', I struggle with it because they are complicit in this 10 year tory fcku up by supporting Clegg's Lib Dems in 2010, who were part of the government which gave us such gems as the bedroom tax, tuition fees, austerity in general.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, very good. Fintan O'Toole's today was different class though.

I very much doubt 'everyone on here hates the Guardian', I struggle with it because they are complicit in this 10 year tory fcku up by supporting Clegg's Lib Dems in 2010, who were part of the government which gave us such gems as the bedroom tax, tuition fees, austerity in general.
    I didn't vote in that election but probably would've voted Lib Dem if I had.

I only struggle with the Guardian in that they mix really good quality reporting (especially on the live feeds) with absurd right-on opinion pieces that fit the negative caricature of the Guardian.

And have made a mistake?

I'm not sure what 'right-on' means, but there are some articles I wouldn't click on, the ones screaming out 'Identity politics' - not necessarily against them, just not that interested.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    the ones screaming out 'Identity politics'
    Exactly what I had in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    It's a lot worse than that - he takes a pride in creating enemies. He wants to be seen as defiant, something he portrays in his body language, his dress sense, his words and his actions.
    He is Rasputin and Svengali rolled into one and sees himself as the master puppeteer. He has openly said he wants to destroy the Civil service in its present form and remodel it in the US style whereby rather than appointing people who are politically neutral, ministers can appoint those of their own political persuasion. I think this is a bad idea whether it is applied to the left or the right.
    Our Civil Service is the envy of the world - yes, it can be a slow and lumbering machine but it's open to scrutiny and has a sense of fairness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've just read that Matt Hancock has said this:

Mr Hancock said "he believed Dominic Cummings behaved within the guidelines and did not think he undermined the government's messaging. However, he said reasonable people could disagree and he could understand people's anger".

In other words, he knows that the actions of Cummings are indefensible, but Boris has told him that he can't cope without him so they all have to pretend that what he did was ok. At the same briefing, he also said "The government commits to "look at" rescinding fines for people breaking lockdown for childcare reasons". Again, its a stark admission that Cummings was treated differently to the general public.

Out of interest, is there anyone on the planet who actually believes that he took his wife and child to Barnard Castle to "test whether his eyesight was good enough to drive"? He should be embarrassed at insulting everyone's intelligence by offering an excuse as pathetic as that. I just hope that this shambolic government get what they deserve for blatantly lying to the nation.
    Are you suggesting he wasn't testing his eyes out ?!

One reporter tweeted it was his wifes birthday that day not sure if it is true but if so doesn't look good for him.

I said yesterday 14k would be looking for a refund and of course Hancock only agreed today as he knows the DC was in the wrong.

Its incredible some of them are putting their reps on the line for him.

Imagine a situation in a month or so where Track & Trace is operating, and you get the phone call. "Excuse me Sir, but you were in Sainsburys on Saturday and the person next to you is contaminated beyond belief. We are advising/suggesting/instructing you to now self isolate for 7 if not 14 days". There are going to be replies to that along the lines of "Well thanks for that, but I think I'll use my own initiative if you don't mind"

No-one in their right mind will take a blind bit of notice what they are told in that T&T, because this prat has been seen to get away with inventing his own set of rules.

(Cummings' Wife is a director of the company running the T&T app btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Imagine a situation in a month or so where Track & Trace is operating, and you get the phone call. "Excuse me Sir, but you were in Sainsburys on Saturday and the person next to you is contaminated beyond belief. We are advising/suggesting/instructing you to now self isolate for 7 if not 14 days". There are going to be replies to that along the lines of "Well thanks for that, but I think I'll use my own initiative if you don't mind"

No-one in their right mind will take a blind bit of notice what they are told in that T&T, because this prat has been seen to get away with inventing his own set of rules.

(Cummings' Wife is a director of the company running the T&T app btw)
    Not sure where that has come from but there was a rumour proven to be unfounded that he has a sister who is a director.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... there's nothing special about Barney Castle (anticlough). One of the esteemed gentlemen of the desperate press even called it Castle Barnard ... thick or what ...
    Are you 100% Hindsight Mob still willing to twist the facts just to keep your story current?
    Barnard Castle is a very attractive small market town. It would usually be heaving with tourists on Easter Sunday. Cummings’ excuse for visiting it on his wife’s birthday is poppycock. No reasonable person would drive between 40 and 50 minutes there, and the same back again, to “test his eyesight”, especially not with his darling wife and precious little boy in the car with him. I’ve heard more plausible excuses from toddlers caught with chocolate all round their mouths. Cummings was blatantly ignoring the lockdown rules he, as the PM’s adviser, had helped put in place, and that we all were repeatedly instructed to stick to. ‘Elitist hypocrite’ isn’t strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Attachment 15873

Our Forest idiot is on the money as usual.
    You can post as many pictures of the front page as you like - what Editor would lead with 'Vote Remain' in the Mail? There'd be so many left on the stands people would think it's the Grauniad.

The front and back covers are just four pages - I used to read the bit inside and could easily notice the creeping Europhillia.
    The cold, dead hand of Dacre in the Dead Tree Press. No-one reads it now so you'll have to take my word for it.

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast