+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Understand your reservations over moving McCrorie back as he’s done very well in the middle.

That said though, in my opinion he is absolutely ideal to play CH in a 3 - just like Hoban is.

He’s big, strong, quick & good in the air like all good CH’s but he’s also good with the ball at his feet & his distribution is excellent for playing out from the back - just like Hoban - which is what you need in a back 3. Taylor absolutely is not.

Those 2 plus Considine are a decent back 3 unit along with 2 good wing backs like Hayes & Kennedy. I’d rather upgrade Considine too but I can live with him in a 3 with the other 2.

Campbell is an excellent midfielder, bags of ability, great positional sense, he’s box to box and has the right mentality, attitude & desire. He’s easy as good as McCrorie in there and would work well in a 2 with Ferguson. I wouldn’t have Ferguson in a “10” role - leave that to Wright / Hedges / McGinn types.

We couldn’t utilise the 3 of them in centre midfield & none are wingbacks so allowing McCrorie to function in a strong ball playing back 3, with Campbell in the middle in the Shinnie type role alongside Ferguson would be a great option for us.We’d be getting the best from the 3 of them in a formation like that.

I’d love the opportunity to see that in action next season. Keep everyone we’ve got ( though I’d be happy if we could shift the likes of Ojo on if possible to make room in the squad) & maybe add a CH upgrade to play in the 3 - & if I’m greedy another striker - then I think that would be as strong a squad as we’ve had in years...
    I am not sure if CB is really where we get the best of RMc though. Good coming forward but can he defend?

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    I am not sure if CB is really where we get the best of RMc though. Good coming forward but can he defend?
    Yes he can. Next question 😉