+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Mr George Floyd RIP

Saying Black Lives matter is racist and should be banned.
    They matter no more and no less than anyone else.
    I would love to see them demonsrating in Beijing.
    But of course they couldn't. It is only in our liberal society that they can espouse their own brand of racism, being manipulated by anarchists with no real interest in people of any colour.
    Shall I ask the Romans for reparation? Or the Danes? Who invaded, raped, pillaged and enslaved my ancestors?
    Please don't be lulled into this sheer nonsense.
    It is divisive.
    Perhaps they should be asking the qyestion of African dictators who massacre thousands of indigenous people everyday.
    Of course not. No financial gain in that.

Driller, you’re quoting some extremely dodgy sources there, and I wouldn’t base your opinions on the BLM campaign on what they have to say.

This is from their GoFundMe page. I consider myself left of centre, and there’s not much I disagree with.

Black Lives Matter UK (BLMUK) is a coalition of black activists and organisers across the UK. We’ve been organising since 2016 for justice in our communities.

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world. We build deep relationships across the diaspora and strategise to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain.

We’re developing new and exciting ways of organising that centre transparency, accountability, safety and healing for our organisers and our communities. BLMUK organises in the black radical tradition, using political education, direct action and political leadership toward black liberation.

Our commitment to all black lives means that we lift up the experiences of the most marginalised in our communities, including but not limited to working class queer, trans, undocumented, disabled, Muslim, *** workers, women/non-binary, HIV+ people.

Nothing can be done without resource in the climate we live in. These donations are to support UKBLM’s work with black communities across the UK. This is an evolving fund to support black life against institutional racism and enable radical reminaging/knowledge production from within our communities.

Wagwan in Babylon Britain?

Black communities are hardest hit by the Coronavirus pandemic. Black people are dying at up to four times the rate of their white counterparts. This is racism.

Black communities are decimated by the hostile environment policies, the Windrush Scandal was the tip of the iceberg. This is racism.

Over 1700 people have died in police custody since 1990, the most violent examples being black men. Black people in the UK are more likely to be in prison than those in the US. This is racism.

Black workers are paid up to 20% less than their white counterparts: that is the racial wage, and part of the cost of being black in Britain. This is racism.

The UK Taxpayer was paying for the Reparations of UK slave owners up until 2015, as reported by the Bank of England. If it was possible for Reparations to be given to slave owners and their families, including David Cameron’s, then the reparations of black people dealing with generational trauma and institutional racism is wholly possible. The redistribution of wealth is a key factor of allyship in 2020.

How we’ll spend the funds!

- Work towards making change at the level of law.
    - Developing and distributing educational resources.
    - Developing and delivering healing practices in black communities.
    - Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police. Working alongside existing anti-racist organisations to strengthen the wider movement across the UK.
    - Supporting the United Family & Friends Campaign (UFFC) in accessing justice for friends and loved ones killed at the hands of British police.
    - Providing emergency relief to black communities bearing the brunt of the Coronavirus crisis

Important note

We’re especially calling on big business who have historically profited from the cheap labour and cultural production of poor black communities. Actions speak louder than words, so say #BlackLivesMatter with your profits.

We are internationalists!

We fight for our extended black family dying across the globe before and during the Global lockdown. Nine**** year old Adil, killed by police in Belgium. Seven**** year old Tina, killed by police in Nigeria. Thir**** year old Yasin, killed by police in Kenya. Thirty four year old Winston, killed by police in the Philippines. We stand in solidarity and love with you in demanding justice and change.

In love and solidarity always,

UKBLM

Stay Posted via @UKBLM.

-----

COVER THE CUT!

Crowdfunding platforms like Gofundme take a percentage of the money being donated. With Gofundme the transaction fee is 2.9% + 25p per donation.

We use Gofundme as an accessible and trusted platform to fundraise through. So to ensure that we receive the full amount donated we are asking for organisation, business or corporation to pledge to make up the shortfall.

48482910_1591107150338919_r.j

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Sorry to hear I was wrong with my assumption. I actually think its very much on topic as the more I look into it the BLM seems to be a Trojan horse organisation designed to enact a kind of cultural revolution based around the same anti-enlightenment principles espoused by the trans activists in JKR's case. With the same cult-like ritual humiliation of anyone who dares to question it.
    Cultural revolutions are no threat to the ruling elite. The timing of this is all very convenient isn't it? Floyd's public execution was real and shocking but it's being used to divide the population against itself.

Yes that's the page I suggested people visit. Curious to know which sources you object to, on what grounds, and what exactly they misrepresented.

The first paragraph speaks about a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world.

I don't want to dismantle capitalism, I want to evolve it.

I don't like white supremacy but I confidently predict that nothing will empower them like identity politics (if protecting narrow interests of ethnic groups is the game then it actually makes sense for them to play it).

The state structures in the UK in 2020 are probably the most sensitive to racial discrimination that have ever existed since the beginning of the modern state. Even if I didn't think that I wouldn't entrust these people to dismantle it and replace it with something better.

They also want to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain, apparently. As I right this there are right wing football hooligans doing Nazi salutes in Parliament Square. As a student of Italian history in the post WW1 period I can tell you how this ends, and it's not with the downfall of authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Driller, you’re quoting some extremely dodgy sources there, and I wouldn’t base your opinions on the BLM campaign on what they have to say.

This is from their GoFundMe page. I consider myself left of centre, and there’s not much I disagree with.

Black Lives Matter UK (BLMUK) is a coalition of black activists and organisers across the UK. We’ve been organising since 2016 for justice in our communities.

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world. We build deep relationships across the diaspora and strategise to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain.

We’re developing new and exciting ways of organising that centre transparency, accountability, safety and healing for our organisers and our communities. BLMUK organises in the black radical tradition, using political education, direct action and political leadership toward black liberation.

Our commitment to all black lives means that we lift up the experiences of the most marginalised in our communities, including but not limited to working class queer, trans, undocumented, disabled, Muslim, *** workers, women/non-binary, HIV+ people.

Nothing can be done without resource in the climate we live in. These donations are to support UKBLM’s work with black communities across the UK. This is an evolving fund to support black life against institutional racism and enable radical reminaging/knowledge production from within our communities.

Wagwan in Babylon Britain?

Black communities are hardest hit by the Coronavirus pandemic. Black people are dying at up to four times the rate of their white counterparts. This is racism.

Black communities are decimated by the hostile environment policies, the Windrush Scandal was the tip of the iceberg. This is racism.

Over 1700 people have died in police custody since 1990, the most violent examples being black men. Black people in the UK are more likely to be in prison than those in the US. This is racism.

Black workers are paid up to 20% less than their white counterparts: that is the racial wage, and part of the cost of being black in Britain. This is racism.

The UK Taxpayer was paying for the Reparations of UK slave owners up until 2015, as reported by the Bank of England. If it was possible for Reparations to be given to slave owners and their families, including David Cameron’s, then the reparations of black people dealing with generational trauma and institutional racism is wholly possible. The redistribution of wealth is a key factor of allyship in 2020.

- Work towards making change at the level of law.
    - Developing and distributing educational resources.
    - Developing and delivering healing practices in black communities.
    - Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police. Working alongside existing anti-racist organisations to strengthen the wider movement across the UK.
    - Supporting the United Family & Friends Campaign (UFFC) in accessing justice for friends and loved ones killed at the hands of British police.
    - Providing emergency relief to black communities bearing the brunt of the Coronavirus crisis

Important note

We’re especially calling on big business who have historically profited from the cheap labour and cultural production of poor black communities. Actions speak louder than words, so say #BlackLivesMatter with your profits.

We are internationalists!

We fight for our extended black family dying across the globe before and during the Global lockdown. Nine**** year old Adil, killed by police in Belgium. Seven**** year old Tina, killed by police in Nigeria. Thir**** year old Yasin, killed by police in Kenya. Thirty four year old Winston, killed by police in the Philippines. We stand in solidarity and love with you in demanding justice and change.

In love and solidarity always,

UKBLM

Stay Posted via @UKBLM.

-----

COVER THE CUT!

Crowdfunding platforms like Gofundme take a percentage of the money being donated. With Gofundme the transaction fee is 2.9% + 25p per donation.

We use Gofundme as an accessible and trusted platform to fundraise through. So to ensure that we receive the full amount donated we are asking for organisation, business or corporation to pledge to make up the shortfall.

You are the resident know-it-all on here so here's a question for you.

Who's going to replace Piers 'SS' Moron on GMB on Monday morning?

Admittedly is a poor copy of a Far Right uniform but hey, ho, Petard an' all that..........

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

And now even COVID 19 is racist. How can it be?

And you should look more into the funding, see who is behind it and where the money actually goes. It might teach you something, but then again.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    This is a fascinating, and alarming, subject UTM. The word 'woman' meaning adult human female is being eradicated by trans rights activists. In fact the TRAs are coming for everything female: safe spaces for women which are enshrined in law, our sports, our loos, and most worryingly of all, children - who are being given puberty blockers.

Distinctly average sportsmen are identifying as female and winning women's and girls. sports events, despite the obvious advantage that male puberty had given them. Anyone speaking out about this is met with bullying and abuse, for example Sharron Davies Dame Kelly Holmes and Denise Lewis.

Women have been sacked from their jobs for asserting the correct scientific definition of a female, and an ex cop had the police call him to 'check his thinking' and contact his employers when he tweeted something someone somewhere considered 'gender critical'. This was then recorded as a hate incident....

We've had a male rapist being transferred to a women's prison, because he says he's a woman so of course he is one, and then ***ually assaulting female prisoners. Quelle surprise as they say.

In the meantime those of you with young daughters might like to know that M&S allow people to use whichever changing room 'they feel comfortable' in and men are now free to use women and girls' underwear changing rooms. In fact there are websites where men share their experiences (fetish) of trying on women's underwear - and what they do whilst in the changing rooms - next to young girls, adult women and elderly women. John Lewis also allow men in women's changing rooms and I've seen a man boasting online about what he does in women's changing rooms in Nottingham, with photos.

Just as depressingly, Lisa Nandy, Jo Swindon and Rebecca Long- Bailey all seemed unable to actually identify what a woman is, despite of course being one. Thank god for Emma Nicholson, J K Rowling and others who aren't afraid to speak up, despite the horrendous abuse they receive as a result. I realise this is somewhat off topic, but it's a really important subject.
    I agree entirely, really important.

There is no such thing now as free speech. Whatever has our nation become? I think it is totally wrong that men can go into women's changing rooms unchallenged - whatever are we doing to our girls?

Then again, I will be called a bigot for calling them men and girls.

We are heading for a catastrophe on a huge scale.

People are doing whatever they want. You should not be meeting in groups of more than 6 but these protests are going ahead and can't be stopped. I have been to funerals where our numbers were severely restricted, yet I see a report in the newspaper of a mass gathering of hundreds at a funeral. Again, it can't be stopped. But I was talking to a young man, businessman who has been stopped 3 times and asked by the police where he was going - probably because he drives a black 'boy-racer' style car.

I won't be donating money to an organisation that wants to dismantle capitalism and abolish the police.

All I know is I've spoken to a couple of friends who are black and if anyone thinks they give a fcuk about trans or gays they're sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yes that's the page I suggested people visit. Curious to know which sources you object to, on what grounds, and what exactly they misrepresented.

The first paragraph speaks about a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world.

I don't want to dismantle capitalism, I want to evolve it.

I don't like white supremacy but I confidently predict that nothing will empower them like identity politics (if protecting narrow interests of ethnic groups is the game then it actually makes sense for them to play it).

The state structures in the UK in 2020 are probably the most sensitive to racial discrimination that have ever existed since the beginning of the modern state. Even if I didn't think that I wouldn't entrust these people to dismantle it and replace it with something better.

They also want to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain, apparently. As I right this there are right wing football hooligans doing Nazi salutes in Parliament Square. As a student of Italian history in the post WW1 period I can tell you how this ends, and it's not with the downfall of authoritarianism.

The SDP is a very fringe political party comprising of some of the dregs of UKIP. Literally no elected representatives in the whole country(councillors or otherwise) Cobley is a representative of Civitas, part of the right wing cabal operating out of Tufton St which of course is anti-EU, anti-immigration and who of course refuse to disclose who funds them.

I’m not saying I agree with all elements of the BLM campaign, you’ve highlighted some of the more questionable objectives, but Christ, we’ve currently got a white supremacist in the White House, a fully paid up racist in 10 Downing St, and a pandemic which is killing a disproportionate number of BAME people. I can’t blame some elements with getting a bit fed up with how the system is working. To write the whole thing off as a Trojan Horse far left plot is a bit unfair.

The idiots fighting the police in London imo are neither here nor there. They don’t like forriners, but are generally just after a day on the sniff and the piss, and a fight with whichever poor sod happens to be in their way.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast