+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Mr George Floyd RIP

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Even if it was through gritted teeth, I doff my hat to you, sir. Well, I was just wondering why the homophobic remarks about the Royal Navy had suddenly dried up?

ps. Three things I hate
    The far-left
    The far-right
    Football hooligans
    Oh, better make that four.....Forest
    You said it was me 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You said it was me 3 weeks ago.
    Oh yeah, better make that 5.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Every single word of Cobley’s piece could be reasonably aimed at him and the organisation he represents. It’s hypocrisy of the highest order.
    Genuinely not sure what you mean here. I don't know why you focus so much on the author of the article I quoted (by the way I found it randomly and only quoted the source for full disclosure and because I was mildly surprised that the SDP still exists) and not on the points it makes. It makes it look like you have no answer to the points it makes and can only try and discredit the source.

Racism still exists in every strata of society . I’m not black and I can see that.
    Yes it does, as do many other crimes and social ills. I remain to be convinced that racism is the most pressing issue facing the human race at this point in time.

anyone’s criticising BLM that’s fine, but then they also have to say what THEY’RE going to do about it, because the direction of travel both with racism and other social injustices isn’t promising.
    I don't see why criticising BLM means have to provide a solution for racism, or why it's my responsibility to find a solution for racism any more than it's my job to find a solution for burglary, or fraud, or casual violence, or rudeness.

I have to say BFP I haven't seen anything resembling an argument from you. You've mounted a strong defence of BLM without actually discussing them or what they stand for, apart from the general idea that racism is bad which 95% of people agree with (I'd say 100% but some of the posts I've seen make me think it's nearer to 95%). I think that discounting contrasting views a priori and posting photos which may or may not be representative of anything is a made-for-Twitter level of debate which is inadequate for a complicated problem like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    BFP I haven't seen anything resembling an argument from you. You've mounted a strong defence of BLM without actually discussing them or what they stand for, apart from the general idea that racism is bad which 95% of people agree with (I'd say 100% but some of the posts I've seen make me think it's nearer to 95%). I think that discounting contrasting views a priori and posting photos which may or may not be representative of anything is a made-for-Twitter level of debate which is inadequate for a complicated problem like this.

I think the authorship of that article is all important. He works for an organisation that doesn’t care about any sort of equality, never mind racial. When the Tories were getting stuck into Corbyn about anti-semitism, they might well have been making some valid points. Does the fact that they didn’t and don’t really give a toss about racism other than as a stick to beat Corbyn negate that criticism? In my book, of course it does.

As ( I presume) white fellas I just think we’re on dodgy ground getting stuck into the BLM campaign, which has clearly resonated with a lot of people, and in the last couple of weeks has been highly effective. That doesn’t mean to say I agree with the overthrow of capitalism or the abolition of the police.

I think the authorship of that article is all important. He works for an organisation that doesn’t care about any sort of equality, never mind racial. When the Tories were getting stuck into Corbyn about anti-semitism, they might well have been making some valid points. Does the fact that they didn’t and don’t really give a toss about racism other than as a stick to beat Corbyn negate that criticism? In my book, of course it does.

As ( I presume) white fellas I just think we’re on dodgy ground getting stuck into the BLM campaign, which has clearly resonated with a lot of people, and in the last couple of weeks has been highly effective. That doesn’t mean to say I agree with the overthrow of capitalism or the abolition of the police.
    I think the author and the 'extremely dodgy' (actually centre to centre left according to Wiki) party website it appears on are completely unimportant, but I'll continue as a point of principle. The SDP manifesto speaks about building more council houses and having a generous welfare system - 'for Britons and residents of these isles' (ie foreigners resident in the UK) - hardly the BNP is it?

If centre to centre-left politics is 'extremely dodgy' and 'fringe' to you then I think that adds extra weight to my argument.

The fact that the campaign has resonated with some people (I imagine fewer than you might think judging purely from the prominence it has had in the media) is great for them, but to say that makes it immune from criticism is a completely illogical non-sequitur. Both of us have happily got stuck in to projects that have resonated with a lot of people (Brexit for one) and rightly so too.

I'm white but if I say I'm black am I allowed to carry on talking about it? Is that how we're going to organise society now? Is anticlough allowed an opinion on trans women in female changing rooms?

So far the two posters most supportive of BLM have been you and DaveSmithRules, and I'm yet to see a convincing argument beyond discrediting sources, discrediting posters as racist, telling people to be quiet because they're white, or linking to websites that tell them to be quiet because they're white.

Driller I wasn’t talking about the SDP, I was talking about Civitas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civitas_(think_tank)

I never said that BLM was ‘immune’ from criticism, I would just want any critique to come from a person with a history of campaigning against racism and inequality. If I find such an article, I’ll be happy to send you a link. This guy Cobley is a shill for a regressive organisation that refuses to disclose who funds them. Writing the whole BLM campaign off as a lefty/Marxist conspiracy is daft.

Personally, can’t take his criticism seriously, but if you can, fair enough. I just hope another campaign for racial equality and justice appears that you and he may approve of.

Driller I wasn’t talking about the SDP, I was talking about Civitas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civitas_(think_tank)

I never said that BLM was ‘immune’ from criticism, I would just want any critique to come from a person with a history of campaigning against racism and inequality. If I find such an article, I’ll be happy to send you a link. This guy Cobley is a shill for a regressive organisation that refuses to disclose who funds them. Writing the whole BLM campaign off as a lefty/Marxist conspiracy is daft.

Personally, can’t take his criticism seriously, but if you can, fair enough. I just hope another campaign for racial equality and justice appears that you and he may approve of.
    So then. Have you thought of a replacement for Standartenfuhrer Moron on GMB or do you think he's gonna turn up and declare a 'fake news' incident?

He was present at the incident of a former Daily Mirror editor dressed in the uniform of an SS soldier but did not take part.

Susanna will definitely not be dressed as Irma Grese.
    One thing you can be assured of -
    I wouldn't bet money on him not turning up tomorrow morning and trying to weasel his way out of it.
    It's what weasels do. It's what Lefties do.
    Do as I say, not as I do.
    Last edited by dam617; 14-06-2020 at 10:34 PM.

You’re making as much sense as this bloke.

https://twitter.com/kieranmolyneux/s...531192832?s=21

It’s clear you lean a lot further to the left than I do; I know what my eyes are seeing. You’re seeing something different, which is fine. BTW I speak a lot betterer than old mate Kieran thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    It's what weasels do. It's what Lefties do.
    Do as I say, not as I do.
    Two words - Dominic Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Two words - Dominic Cummings.
    Is he in the chair with Susannah?
    Main news media?
    They're both dummies. Moron has a history that's abhorrent. Susannah does as she's told through her earpiece.
    That's the quality of our media nowadays.
    Moron dressed as an SS soldie,r preaching to the rest of us.
    Has he been sacked?
    Do as I say, not what I do.
    We'll see tomorrow.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-06-2020 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast