+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Protest

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Perhaps you need to get a life 55 and maybe one without bigotry.

When you assess it like that Mick, it shouldn’t be racist. Like you say, it is abbreviated. However the use of the term Paki has only ever been used by racists.. when they subject their vitriol abuse they use that term/word.. a racist using that term isn’t thinking i’ll save a few breaths and abbreviate it.. they are being racist. It is this that has developed over the past 30 odd years to become a racial slur.. not just used for Pakistanis, but all south asians. I realize I’m talking amongst 50+ year old men here that grew up in a different generation to me. Welcome to 2020 guys. What you could get away with before you couldn’t now. This isn’t even being PC, it is simply racist because as I’ve said it’s used by racists.

If you use social media for your business Mick, perhaps you should sell and advertise some tennis rackets for pakistanis.. state in the advert ‘we have new tennis rackets for pakis’ and see what reaction you get.

So who’s the racist now Regis.

You’ve used the same terminology you’re threatening to get the police onto GLM for in your quest to get a rise out of me!

How ironic.

I stand by my original points which you are unable to properly answer,

1/ Why can Pakistanis call us Brits but we can’t abbreviate their nationality?

2/ Why can black people refer to themselves by the “N” word?

You ( I presume ) don’t live in a house full of Pakistanis and can’t possibly know how racist or not the use of the word “Brit” is when they’re having a heated conversation about indigenous white people.

Racists come in all colours and creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    So who’s the racist now Regis.

You’ve used the same terminology you’re threatening to get the police onto GLM for in your quest to get a rise out of me!

How ironic.

I stand by my original points which you are unable to properly answer,

1/ Why can Pakistanis call us Brits but we can’t abbreviate their nationality?

2/ Why can black people refer to themselves by the “N” word?

You ( I presume ) don’t live in a house full of Pakistanis and can’t possibly know how racist or not the use of the word “Brit” is when they’re having a heated conversation about indigenous white people.

Racists come in all colours and creeds.

Mick, i’m not trying to get a rise out of you and if it did come out that way, it wasn’t intended. not sure how I am trying to get a rise out of you?
    In my last message I rushed to type that up so something somewhere may have got lost. That said, I can see where this is going. No matter how much I try to clarify you’ll just pick at what I say to be incorrect when in fact it isn’t, I see this from many posters arguing their point online.. it doesn’t work and it isn’t going to work with you guys. Rather than trying to understand a viewpoint you’ll just defend and dismiss points other have made.
    I personally think it really does come down to how well you are educated in life skills and how you’ve broadened your horizons plus integrated you are in the multi racial society we all live in. Again not trying to get a rise out of you Mick.

To your questions:
    1 - I don’t know the answer to that but like i’ve explained Paki has a whole new racist meaning than just abbreviating. Do fellow white friends of yours refer to you as brits? If so, why do they need to? Would seem odd right? So why should anyone of any ethnic group need to refer to anyone by their ethic group? It’s called racism and it does happen between ethnic groups whether you are white or a pakistani. I’m not denying some asians can be racist, I’ve seen it myself.

2 - It shouldn’t be allowed but it is, it’s more an American problem though. I think it is wrong. One explanation i’ve heard is that the N word coming from a white person has racial hatred coming from it, where as between blacks there isn’t any racial element to it. The same can be said for the word Paki.

Why don’t you see/hear news headline use the term Paki instead of Pakistani?
    I see mods will ignore my complaint but fail to realize how serious this is. That only leaves me no choice 55 and homleigh.

I think anyone who knows me or who has met me knows i am far from right wing. I have never judged a person by the colour of the skin but for some black people it is an obsession, if you are white you are guilty and a racist, end of.
    We all know how Black people are treated in America, especially the deep south and it is wrong, very wrong. But that doesn't excuse them from rioting over here and defacing and destroying our monuments.
    Churchill was the right man for the job at the time, but the British people aren't daft, they knew he was no peace time PM, and as soon as the war was over he lost by a landslide.
    Perhaps the people who defaced his statue and called him racist would have preferred Mr Hitler?
    Don't these idiots realise that they are insulting all of our war dead, the very one's who gave their lives so they could have the right to protest.
    How would they feel about someone defacing a statue of Nelson Mandela and calling him a racist?
    I was a big fan of Anthony Joshua but his remarks telling black people to boycott white businesses has dismayed me.
    Could you imagine the outcry if Tyson Fury told white people to avoid black businesses?
    But it's OK to say these things if you are black isn't it? Because black people can't be racist. Robert Mugabe is a lovely man.
    The actions of a minority of people last weekend and i am including ignorant white people as well as black people may have put race relations back year's and done a great recruitment job for the far right.
    Some people need to get a brain as well as a life.

As for wanting to shut the board down Regis that's always the answer for people like you who can't see two sides of an argument.
    The British way of life is having a freedom of speech and that includes hearing stuff you might not agree with. Were you the kid who used to take his ball home when you were losing. It will be a sad day when people can't express an opinion because of people like you, you will actually create the Police state you detest.
    Go ahead, get the site shut down, at least i won't have to read such rubbish one sided opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I think anyone who knows me or who has met me knows i am far from right wing. I have never judged a person by the colour of the skin but for some black people it is an obsession, if you are white you are guilty and a racist, end of.
    We all know how Black people are treated in America, especially the deep south and it is wrong, very wrong. But that doesn't excuse them from rioting over here and defacing and destroying our monuments.
    Churchill was the right man for the job at the time, but the British people aren't daft, they knew he was no peace time PM, and as soon as the war was over he lost by a landslide.
    Perhaps the people who defaced his statue and called him racist would have preferred Mr Hitler?
    Don't these idiots realise that they are insulting all of our war dead, the very one's who gave their lives so they could have the right to protest.
    How would they feel about someone defacing a statue of Nelson Mandela and calling him a racist?
    I was a big fan of Anthony Joshua but his remarks telling black people to boycott white businesses has dismayed me.
    Could you imagine the outcry if Tyson Fury told white people to avoid black businesses?
    But it's OK to say these things if you are black isn't it? Because black people can't be racist. Robert Mugabe is a lovely man.
    The actions of a minority of people last weekend and i am including ignorant white people as well as black people may have put race relations back year's and done a great recruitment job for the far right.
    Everything in this post I agree with 55. I think majority will. Black Lives Matter movement is for America because I don’t think we have the level of problems as they do. The protests here in the UK I thought were initially to protest on solidarity over what happened with George Floyd, plus all things relating to prejudice to african americans.

In all riots, protests comes opportunists that want to loot, bring down statues etc. You’ll get your fair share of them. Like those morons throwing a brick at a horse.
    Sadly we are in a pandemic, from what i’ve see seem to be the younger generation who were causing the trouble. Very senseless given where we are.

The problem here in the UK is this, there is always two sides that form. One side will come out to complain about these protests and another side will not. There is one simple reason for why this is. People will just go into denial.

Firstly, I don’t believe that Joshua said to boycott white businesses.. it would have made a huge headline and I’ve not come accross this. Where is this? because this is out order. I’ve seen a lot of fake news going around and it is so easy to believe them.

As for wanting to shut the board down Regis that's always the answer for people like you who can't see two sides of an argument.
    The British way of life is having a freedom of speech and that includes hearing stuff you might not agree with. Were you the kid who used to take his ball home when you were losing. It will be a sad day when people can't express an opinion because of people like you, you will actually create the Police state you detest.
    Go ahead, get the site shut down, at least i won't have to read such rubbish one sided opinions.
    Hold on now 55, me detest the police state? You see you are stereotyping and racial profiling me to believe that I am against the police? You see this is the problem with the older generation. I don’t detest the police, i’m in favor of them. I’ve never had any issues with the police in my entire life, so why would detest them. I’ve worked for police departments in the past.
    The more you say 55 the more i’m summing up your character making out to show here.. it’s all false. You shouldn’t be a mod, you don’t posses the brain for it and should just stick to collecting rubbish.

Thank f**k the football starts again this week and we wont have to keep reading this 'I said, you said' nonsense. Lighten up boys and let's all get behind our team again.

Got a great wind up in yesterday on one of my Newcastle U season ticket holder friends.

He was saying that he thought it was great that we were rewriting history and getting rid of these racist symbols within our society. I expressed surprise given he was a Newcastle supporter and asked him if he had not heard the news on the BBC in the morning about the Inter Cities Fairs Cup win they had in the late 60s.

Obviously said he hadn’t but explained that the title was being taken off of them because they had no black players in the team. I was a bit surprised he took the bait but I told him to look it up if he didn’t believe me. I got a phone call about an hour later asking where he could find it because he couldn’t find it anywhere.

Not sure what it shows but maybe the fact that someone even thought that this could happen sums up where we are at the moment?

Totally agree with all that! Priti Patel has been lambasted for saying the protests are wrong with a pandemic and the defiling of statues is appalling and criminal damage. Even she has received abuse from the same ethnic races because she's going against their agenda. Patel is a promising young woman who speaks her mind and will go far - she has a brain too unlike some of these morons protesting.

Not everything is one sided! Dele Ali will cry like a baby if he gets racially abused, but it's OK for him to mock an asian guy regarding the pandemic which is disgusting and sick. Is this all over the papers? No! Had a white person done this to Dele Ali it would have been headline news!

Some need to get a grip! History is history! The treatment of the slaves building the pyramids was shocking but should they be met by a bulldozer too!

Ignorant t wats and scum in every race, and these protests are fueling a race divide in my opinion which was not there! The USA is a wild country so we should keep out of their politics, and the racist buffoon Trump should keep out of ours!

As I've said in a previous post,I can see all this setting back race relations years, not improving it. I live in a small village near one of the most multicultural cities in the country. However, I do see the point of view that there does appear to be one rule for one and another rule for others. It does seem that black people can say what they want about white people but not the other way around. This is bound to cause division in any community. If we are to live together harmoniously then we all have to abide by the same rules and principles.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)