+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Scott’s recruitment plans

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He's at the heart of the defence
    Oh yeah I think I can remembered him now,maybe that’s why they was always getting beat.

I heard hes shocking

I'll get me coat

I reckon we will still have 18 or 19 under contract for next season so assuming nobody leaves who do we need?

We will need a goalie assuming Iversen dunt come back. We will need a good left back we have lacked all season for cover there. CH could be ok but another one would be useful. Need a left winger which we have missed all season as well. Unearth another ogbene and the world will be our lobster. We will miss Barlaser. Sounds like Toon want to give him a run and such talent will be hard to replace.

So basically I'm going as musts: 1 goalie, 1 left back, 1 left winger, 1 central midfielder, 1 forrud. Course it could depend who warney lets go as well.

We are gonna have to be extra tight at the back because we will get punished more for balls ups at the back in the champ.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-06-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He's at the heart of the defence
    Aorta sign him really.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    He’s still a lot to learn Brin. He needs to improve his crosses into the box, can’t fault him otherwise.
    He should cause quite a few problems for full-backs next season.
    Like a few in the team, he is a work in progress Casper and he will be up against better full backs. However, is pace is terrifying and, even at Championship level teams may have to put 2 players on him. The trick then is to use the space that this affords us effectively. Must say that I am really looking forward to next season.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I reckon we will still have 18 or 19 under contract for next season so assuming nobody leaves who do we need?

We will need a goalie assuming Iversen dunt come back. We will need a good left back we have lacked all season for cover there. CH could be ok but another one would be useful. Need a left winger which we have missed all season as well. Unearth another ogbene and the world will be our lobster. We will miss Barlaser. Sounds like Toon want to give him a run and such talent will be hard to replace.

So basically I'm going as musts: 1 goalie, 1 left back, 1 left winger, 1 central midfielder, 1 forrud. Course it could depend who warney lets go as well.

We are gonna have to be extra tight at the back because we will get punished more for balls ups at the back in the champ.
    Roly, I wonder if we should go 3 at the back given the amount of talent we have in midfield. Is this the time when Trevor Clarke plays left wing?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Aorta sign him really.
    Lol that's a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Roly, I wonder if we should go 3 at the back given the amount of talent we have in midfield. Is this the time when Trevor Clarke plays left wing?
    3-5-2 sounds ok to me.
    We have plenty of young talent in midfield, spoilt for choice.
    Looking forward to next season as usual.
    Looking forward to seeing Lindsay get more game time.
    A left back as cover, a right winger as cover and a left winger definitely and a ball winning midfielder with Championship experience will do for me.
    Fully expect Iversen to come back.

4-5-1 the only way for us in the championship. If we play 3 at the back can't have Ogbene at right wing back he's not a tackler. Clarke wasn't good enough for league 1, move him on. Kayode could come good as the loan striker. Lindsay we've yet to see the best of him. Jones will be released so need another right back, another left back as well. Keeper possibly another C back midfielder wide left player striker all required. Lamy kept on. Could see him on the right, Ogbene on the left. Could be with the right recruitment an exciting next season.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    4-5-1 the only way for us in the championship. If we play 3 at the back can't have Ogbene at right wing back he's not a tackler. Clarke wasn't good enough for league 1, move him on. Kayode could come good as the loan striker. Lindsay we've yet to see the best of him. Jones will be released so need another right back, another left back as well. Keeper possibly another C back midfielder wide left player striker all required. Lamy kept on. Could see him on the right, Ogbene on the left. Could be with the right recruitment an exciting next season.
    If Kayode is up front on his own I would ' eat my hat '. It would mean our top striker from last season Freddy Ladapo, Smith and Vassell would be on the bench. It's not going to happen.
    Kayode and Cooper will go out on loan to further their development.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast