+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the best Manager, Warne, Moore or Evans?

Who's the best Manager, Warne, Moore or Evans?

All double promotion Managers with the Millers but, who's your favourite and why?

Ronnie Moore for me.
    Assembled a squad for League 1 and the Championship on next to nothing. Kept us in the Championship longer than I expected and deserved another one year deal before being moved on.

EDIT : when he got us into the Championship he said “ give me the tools and I will finish the job “
    The rest is history, shoestring budget.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 09-06-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Well it’s a bit unfair to pick because circumstances were different for each one

But if forced to choose then Ronnie Moore

Agree King Ronnie

Until PW's time comes to a close it's not really fair to say. As we've never had a season under him that didn't end in relegation or promotion I'm hoping he breaks that sequence next season, unless we make it to the 'big dance' obviously.

Yeah Ronnie for me too. Spent nowt, Boothy paid nowt. Players were awesome and Ronnie, Brecks were awesome.

Highest position for many years was under Moore so has to be him.

Warne is probably going to get poached if he keeps us up next season.

David Artell for next manager?

Ronnie Moore so far, my favourite ever games being Brentford and Garner's goal against Wednesday, but I absolutely believe Paul Warne can go on to surpass him for me.

I'd not pick another manager in the country over him for his approach, and he's getting the results. Long may it continue, if we can keep hold of him. I'd offer him a contract for life if I was able such is my confidence in him, even if we had the odd bad seasons.

Ronnie does seem to stand out more for his achievements with little or no cash to spend.

Evans back to back promos and keeping us up before his exit is still a great achievement even though he wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Paul Warne, thrown in at the deep end where as Ronnie had cut his teeth in Management before coming to us. Saw us go down with a very poor set up. Cleared the bad wood and brought in his own players and in his first season, got us back in the Championship.

Second real season still very green in his early role, and as I see it, for the lack of his experience and no cash spent to strengthen in the January sales, we dropped out of the Championship by 4 points! This season I think Paul is now showing a lot more experience in the role and has once again done extremely well spending very prudently and bringing in some very good players.

He takes us back into the Championship for the second time in three seasons and for that reason I choose him as the stand out Manager of the three. He has, hopefully, many years in the post at Rotherham and may even go on to achieve greater things as a football Manager. Let's hope it is all with us.
    Last edited by Brin; 09-06-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Got to be Ronnie (so far) and Breck quite unbelievable what they achieved.

Paul Hurst next Millers manager after Warney goes to Norwich with all his staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast