+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spud Sounds Worried

Spud Sounds Worried

My mate rang yesterday to ask about renewing , so far only three of the 9 of us that normally go have renewed , he asked how sales were going , someone told him comparable with last season , if that's the case BFC have done very well so far , Spud sending out an early message here i think regarding player outgoings , But they won't get the fees they probably thought they would ? Sponsors etc won't want to be paying money out , it's been and still is an hard time for everyone , if they do have the money we are led to believe they have ? This is an ideal time to show their hand , I doubt very much that will happen though ,
    Armchair Red ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I can't get the link Animal ? I assume it's a we are "cash is needed / begging fans to renew " i could be wrong ?

Here it is Roma

Barnsley FC CEO Dane Murphy warns of tough times in July amid Covid-19 financial crisis
    BARNSLEY chief executive officer Dane Murphy has spoken of the club being 'severely impacted' by football's coronavirus shutdown - and has warned of difficult times ahead.
    By Leon Wobschall
    Wednesday, 10th June 2020, 5:27 pm
    Updated
    14 hours ago
    Oakwell.
    Oakwell.

The absence of match-day income and season ticket renewal cash hit the Oakwell outfit significantly during the Spring, with Murphy keen for clarity regarding when next season will start to enable the club plan their budgets accordingly to get through troubled financial times and provide some guidance to sponsors in particular.

On the financial impact of Covid-19 for the club, Murphy said: "It has been significant. We were stopped in our tracks in March and have had no revenue from home games. Usually that is around the time when we put out season ticket (details for next season) and we have had to put the brakes on that until recently.

"Even sponsorship deals we have in place where we have payments due, our sponsors have said: 'you have not put your game schedule on and we don't know when 2020-21 will happen, we are holding back our final instalments until it is made clear.

"It has severely impacted our financial outlook and forecasting. Through June, we are fine and viable and there are some clubs who cannot say that even in the Championship. In July, things get a little bit closer to the edge.

"But we are making sure those who can contribute to the club through season-ticket sales can do, so that there is no towing the edge of the cliff for the club in the short-term."

Talks with the club's playing squad to agree deferrals have not brought a successful outcome. The negotiations remain ongoing, but Murphy is quick to stress that he lies no blame on the part of the players for failing to agree a positive outcome.

He added: "Publicly, Gerhard accepted the wage deferal that helped us significantly. We had some executives that defered and have not taken payment, which has helped us.

"The ongoing negotiations with players has been very honest, open and professional and I don't lay any blame at our players' feet at all. We have had talks back and forth since the end of March on something that couldn't be done.

"They have received guidance from their agents and the PFA. There are so many elements and different narratives that are coming out, but I do commend our senior leaders and veterans in being forthright and honest in their approach.

"It is unfortunate we have not come to an agreement yet. Yes, it would have helped. But I do not hold the players accountable for any issues that are going on right now."

Quite obvious the club will go to the wall if financially it can’t sustain itself. They’ve made their investment back. Nowt for them to lose.
    “No towing the edge of the cliff... in the short term” I take it that means we are ok up to August......

I’ve renewed, but not had a call from a player to say thanks. The free shirt offered has now been turned into a raffle, and I’ve not had a Call to say here’s yours........so that’s left a sour taste too.

I can’t say I’m not having second thoughts. Especially as we seem to be enjoying not running around every other Saturday.

Wonder if I can get a refund on this season, AND next all at once?

Thanks Exile

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Quite obvious the club will go to the wall if financially it can’t sustain itself. They’ve made their investment back. Nowt for them to lose.
    “No towing the edge of the cliff... in the short term” I take it that means we are ok up to August......

I’ve renewed, but not had a call from a player to say thanks. The free shirt offered has now been turned into a raffle, and I’ve not had a Call to say here’s yours........so that’s left a sour taste too.

I can’t say I’m not having second thoughts. Especially as we seem to be enjoying not running around every other Saturday.

Wonder if I can get a refund on this season, AND next all at once?
    Why not , tell them your circumstances have changed ,

Who are the "veteran" players Spud is on abart ? Those over 22 years old ?

So the owners wont help out financially to share the burden.

So the players wont help financially to share the burden.

Lets play the emotional loyalty card and get the fans to take the risk and fund it all. Throw in some cheap gimmicks to get them to buy..

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Who are the "veteran" players Spud is on abart ? Those over 22 years old ?

So the owners wont help out financially to share the burden.

So the players wont help financially to share the burden.

Lets play the emotional loyalty card and get the fans to take the risk and fund it all. Throw in some cheap gimmicks to get them to buy..
    The players may have the same view as us SB , why should I take a drop in wages when these feckers are billionaires ? .

So basically we have funds to keep going until June 30th but after that the club haven't enough cash in reserve to meet their obligations .

Serious shyte , except it isn't is it because the ownership do have access to funding , more funding than the fans could ever provide , more funding than the players even if they deferred their wages , more funding than advertising and sponsorship partners .

In fact one of the most accessible consortiums in the EFL to have access to funding .

Remind me whose business this is , is the fans , the players or the advertising and sponsorship partners ? ..... Nope it is not .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast