+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok lets get the ball rolling: transfer rumours 2020/1

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wonder what the bonus is for Semi if WBA get promotion to the Prem?
    Half of it

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Aiden Mgeady ??
    He's crocked mate , age and injuries have caught up with him .

75% fitness maybe good enough in League One but in the Championship not a hope .

There might be a few cship players who we've Been monitoring who might be let go by their current clubs .
    A good opportunity for PW and Rob Scott to have another good look at them for the last 8 games or so albeit on TV.
    Then it's down to wage demands

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He's crocked mate , age and injuries have caught up with him .
    75% fitness maybe good enough in League One but in the Championship not a hope .
    Aiden McGeady played against us up at Sunderland this season (1-1).
    Didn’t do a deal apart from getting a yellow card.
    Not sure how he did at Charlton on loan, don’t think he played more than a few games.
    He had a fall out with Phil Parkinson at Sunderland which could well be the reason he went to Charlton in the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Aiden McGeady played against us up at Sunderland this season (1-1).
    Didn’t do a deal apart from getting a yellow card.
    Not sure how he did at Charlton on loan, don’t think he played more than a few games.
    He had a fall out with Phil Parkinson at Sunderland which could well be the reason he went to Charlton in the January window.
    He wasn't right for the last quarter of last season Frank , kept an eye on all things Sunderland with us both fighting it out for promotion .

They kept giving him injections to get him out on the park because he was such a key player for them when perhaps the lad shouldn't have played at all .

Played a hell of a lot of games too last season did Sunderland , 46 league games , 3 play off ties and all the way in the Football League Trophy .

Caught up with McGeady in my opinion given his age and hardly started for Charlton since he went there .

The noises coming out of Barnsley suggest they are in need of cash. Desperate need of cash by the sounds of it. It sounded to me as though their reserves run dry in July. Don't fall for this multi billionaire owners rubbish - it's obvious to anybody with half a brain that they are just charlatans.

If they go down, and that's by no means certain (despite their current league placing), I think we should put a £1.5m bid in for Cauley Woodrow. He's a good age at 25, with probable sell-on value. No doubt their fans would value him higher, and they may indeed sell for more, but I'm not sure it's a sellers market these days. There is going to be a real re-setting of football finance outside of the PL. Plus, I doubt he would be on "crazy" wages.

I've no idea really as to what his style of play is, but his goal scoring record stands up, and he could be a good foil for Smithy.

Worth a punt.

Not a rumour...but could start one.
    Joe Hart @ Burnley,cant get in their team,offer him regular football in the Championship,plus I`m sure he wouldn`t get bored.
    Go on Scotty,you know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Not a rumour...but could start one.
    Joe Hart @ Burnley,cant get in their team,offer him regular football in the Championship,plus I`m sure he wouldn`t get bored.
    Go on Scotty,you know it makes sense.
    Hasn't played for 18 months. Would you swap sitting on a bench for 30K/week for playing for 5K/week max? I suppose it would depend on how much he needs the money/has desire to play/likes being abused every week.

There is little chance of us putting in any big money signings like £1.5mil especially when the club doesn't know when fans will be allowed in.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    There is little chance of us putting in any big money signings like £1.5mil especially when the club doesn't know when fans will be allowed in.
    You're probably right.

Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast