+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Championship debt

Championship debt

Championship debt stands at 1.1 billion pounds,Stoke City and Blackburn have combined debt of 250 million.
    Whether it's league one or Championship I don't want my club to be run like that and the sooner the EFL get there act together the better.

By the sounds of it Bill, unless things change dramatically over the next 12 months or by some miracle we stay up, then we are going to fold anyway with no matchday income and season ticket sales down.

We may as well have been in debt because playing by the rules has seen us bottom of the championship and likely to no longer have a club anyway. The noises coming from the club suggest we are in big trouble and will be unable to cover the running costs. Conway wanting other clubs deducted points is fair comment in my eyes but it also smells of desperation and a last throw of the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    By the sounds of it Bill, unless things change dramatically over the next 12 months or by some miracle we stay up, then we are going to fold anyway with no matchday income and season ticket sales down.

We may as well have been in debt because playing by the rules has seen us bottom of the championship and likely to no longer have a club anyway. The noises coming from the club suggest we are in big trouble and will be unable to cover the running costs. Conway wanting other clubs deducted points is fair comment in my eyes but it also smells of desperation and a last throw of the dice.
    The noises from the club could be the same noises from any other club who's revenue stream has stopped through the virus.It's going to be hard times for a lot of clubs.The Conway situation is a valid one though whether we stay up or go down the cheating has to stop.
    When the pot is empty the board will have to keep the club running and I have absolutely no doubt they will.That claim from me can be revisited in August.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    The noises from the club could be the same noises from any other club who's revenue stream has stopped through the virus.It's going to be hard times for a lot of clubs.The Conway situation is a valid one though whether we stay up or go down the cheating has to stop.
    When the pot is empty the board will have to keep the club running and I have absolutely no doubt they will.That claim from me can be revisited in August.
    Let me ask you bill
    Regardless of other 3 clubs cheating do you think we deserve to stay up?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Let me ask you bill
    Regardless of other 3 clubs cheating do you think we deserve to stay up?
    At this moment in time no,the league table doesn't lie.

Thaz mooar faith in em than me Bill

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Thaz mooar faith in em than me Bill
    August it is then bill

They will use this as the excuse to bale and sell the club, cheap or at a profit, but it’s their way to save face after an experiment that didn’t work.

They’re actively out there buying other clubs now though Jules so why would they sell their best one. They’ll not be many buyers for football clubs out there either

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    They’re actively out there buying other clubs now though Jules so why would they sell their best one.
    OGC Nice fans asked the same question.

With these charlatans if they spot the chance of a quick profit or a chance to rid themselves of a potential millstone rarnd their neck they will sell at the drop of a hat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast