+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Edwards - the epitome of gobsh!te journalists

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, they've had it a while but the suggestion was they wouldn't make a decision until the report was made official.

Tomorrow could be a watershed moment in our history.
    Lots of reports saying a similar thing that this week (i know this is about the 4th lot of "this week") will be hte week.

If they turn it down I don't know where I go from here with the PL because they wouldn't turn it down report or no report if it was Man Utd, Chelski, Arsenal, any other London club, Liverpool etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...manda-18419773

Revisited: takeover podcast.

This guy talks a lot of nonsense about the takeover.

They have a section from a Barrister who clearly define the legal scope of the ODT. That is how a board member can be accepted or rejected. Nothing else.

He then disagrees with the Barrister comments and says 'Perhaps he knows more about these things than me, I don't know.' Well, Luke, let me tell you. He does know more than you about these things and you, as a journalist is to report FACT not spout your own no-nothing-opinions.

Ridiculous.

He then poses fatuous questions, answers them then says that the answer may not be the case?

Follows on by apologising to those who's mental health may have been affected by the whole thing when he and his ilk are the ones heaping stress and anxiety on to those who are adversely affected psychologically by constantly printing garbage baseless, factless articles to pocket a few extra quid.

Hypocrite.
    Aye, Mark Douglas from the same publication, spouts concentrated manure as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Lots of reports saying a similar thing that this week (i know this is about the 4th lot of "this week") will be hte week.

If they turn it down I don't know where I go from here with the PL because they wouldn't turn it down report or no report if it was Man Utd, Chelski, Arsenal, any other London club, Liverpool etc.
    Thing is, I've heard two conflicting reports of the judgement. At first it was suggested that the report concluded that there were clear links between the Saudis and the piracy but subsequently it's been said that the report says the Saudis haven't done enough to stop it.

If it's the former then I think we're knacked as I couldn't see the PL announcing they'd passed the deal right after a report claiming that our new owners are responsible for screwing their braodcast partners Bein. If it's the latter then I'd be more optimistic.

One thing I would say is that I haven't heard any leaks saying they've been exonerated.

Nah this is the epitome of crap journalism.
    The Indedpendent have froze his twitter,hes one bitter bloke..
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NUFCRobb/...27044702056453

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Thing is, I've heard two conflicting reports of the judgement. At first it was suggested that the report concluded that there were clear links between the Saudis and the piracy but subsequently it's been said that the report says the Saudis haven't done enough to stop it.

If it's the former then I think we're knacked as I couldn't see the PL announcing they'd passed the deal right after a report claiming that our new owners are responsible for screwing their braodcast partners Bein. If it's the latter then I'd be more optimistic.

One thing I would say is that I haven't heard any leaks saying they've been exonerated.
    I think if that does happen the Prem better be prepared for a massive legal challenge.

Because it will be a massive loss of face for Saudia Arabia against their regional challenger.

But the more I think about hte more worried I am that they've (the prem) has dragged to this point, because if the report does say that, it gives them good cover.

Then when they try buy a London club the PL will wave it through saying that they are clearly in processing of sorting it.

I’m ignoring everything and everyone. All B*llocks!

I think if that does happen the Prem better be prepared for a massive legal challenge.

Because it will be a massive loss of face for Saudia Arabia against their regional challenger.

But the more I think about hte more worried I am that they've (the prem) has dragged to this point, because if the report does say that, it gives them good cover.

Then when they try buy a London club the PL will wave it through saying that they are clearly in processing of sorting it.
    It will go through because the ODT is not equipped to block this take over.

The people involved in our take over are no where near the piracy - it's like saying David Cameron is running UK Piracy. People in the low levels of Saudi Gov may know or have had some involvement with the people doing the Piracy.

I live in Qatar and I know that the guys here who were hacking the signal are all Egyptian and are all in jail right now.

So the WTO report WILL say the Saudi's are complicit in piracy, that isn't the question/issue. Basically the point is the connection between the PiF and the people involved in the priacy.

There is no like, all the people involved with our take over have clean hands.

So the PL don't have a legal position to block it, subjecting them to a law suit they will lose.

What the WTO can facilitate is arbitration. What will happen based on the findings is some form of compensation and an agreement that the Saudi State will be pro-active to stop piracy from this point forward. That is all.

The takeover will go ahead.

The PL need the money, they had to refund £330m+ cash to broadcasters due to the pandemic.

If it doesn't go through it will cause massive issues politically and see the PL in court, were their own rule book will be used against them.

I'm sure you're right Rag but. . . gah, it feels it has gone on way to long.

I know that, logically it is because it has been in public eye the whole time but gah .. .

I'm sure you're right Rag but. . . gah, it feels it has gone on way to long.

I know that, logically it is because it has been in public eye the whole time but gah .. .
    Get a good night's sleep tonight Jammy. It'll be all over in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Aye, Mark Douglas.

Who now claims the takeover decision is 'the toss of a coin'
    Last edited by Kal; 15-06-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)