+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: O/T:- Marcus Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I could not agree more. Footballers sometimes get bad press but in the case of Marcus Rashford he has stepped above the parapet and has done a really good and decent thing. Having seen the interview he comes across as well grounded, decent and articulate. His parents should be very proud of him.

He is a true role model for young people to look up to.
    Mate I agree. I just hope he isn't ruined by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Really? Its definitely thought provoking but I think such a scenario as described has certainly an application in certain circumstances but not the one I have mentioned. However I do like the post a lot.
    Look at the poster's username, Queenie.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So that's two u-turns in the space of 10 days by the Prime Minister - this one and the quashing of the NHS migrant fees. Has this man got any convictions or principles that he stands by?
    He said he only became aware of Rashford's campaign yesterday! He's either telling lies (very likely) or he lives a remote life that rarely engages with reality. Was it Cummings who advised him to restore the meal vouchers?
    We are saddled with this pillock for another four and a half years. Marcus Rashford could do better.
    I've just become aware that the Grauniad (or Manchester Grauniad as was) was founded by someone called John Edward Taylor - who used profits from a cotton plantation to start the business.

Who'd have thunk it?

You used to work for them didn't you, Mr Pious?

They're begging for contributions despite having money stashed away overseas 🙄

One reply in the comments made me spit my tea out laughing
    "I'd rather **** on my hands and clap" (than fund the Graun.)

Have the Useful Idiots banned "Sweet Chariot" yet? Are the Graun at the forefront?

Oh the ironing.oh the hypocracy.

Well, Dam nuisance, I hate to disappoint you but I never worked for the Grauniad. I was paid per article like most freelancers.
    I see you're jumping on the Sun's bandwagon. Based on the most tenuous of links between Taylor and slavery, they have started a petition to wind up the Grauniad on the grounds of hypocrisy. After a week they have 900 signatures. The shock waves are being felt in Manchester. Same the paper's now in London.
    If there was some moral slippage, it was 150 years ago whereas the Sun manages it every day. How are the Forest doing today?

How are the Forest doing today?
    Until you said that, he probably didn't even know that they were playing. If he did know, am I the only one that finds it distinctly weird that 21 minutes into their first game for ages, he decides to visit a Notts County messageboard?

Well, Dam nuisance, I hate to disappoint you but I never worked for the Grauniad. I was paid per article like most freelancers.
    I see you're jumping on the Sun's bandwagon. Based on the most tenuous of links between Taylor and slavery, they have started a petition to wind up the Grauniad on the grounds of hypocrisy. After a week they have 900 signatures. The shock waves are being felt in Manchester. Same the paper's now in London.
    If there was some moral slippage, it was 150 years ago whereas the Sun manages it every day. How are the Forest doing today?
    'Morsl Slippage' I like it.
    Is that what Lewis Hamilton experiences when he sits there pontificating whilst wearing a Mercedes Benz cap? They made Panzer engines y'know. Does he have any 'Boss' patches too? Those SS uniforms did look smart though - much better than Moron Morgan's attempt. Didn't step down from GMB did he?

A bit of 'morall slippage' or rank hypocracy?

Doublespeak eh?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Can I ask who "all those on here" are crazy?

ps. I only ask because, during the massive racism debate at the moment, I've more heard guesses than actual incidents.
    Never you Navy, you know we're good. I just don't get why someone would even allude to how much Rashford is worth, what's that got to do with him raising over 20 million for kids who should never be in that position to start with? He's probably given more than I'll ever earn to help people but yeah let's have a go at him for some reason. I'm surprised people didn't look into Captain Tom Moore and start slagging him off but no cause he's not a black lad from Manchester.

What is it now about foodbanks, didn't there used to be a few hundred now there's a few thousand? It's not on in our country, these are people working full time in alot of cases but because of the greed of the companies they work for they can't have a decent living.

All those are people who align themselves with Hopkins, all she drips is poison, everyday being more controversial just to get clicks on her twitter the horse faced cnut. I remember when she was first on the apprentice and she was a hideous creature even then. I'd put a bullet in her head but she's not worth doing time over. Just my opinion like.

And thank you Smiffy, a pint would be nice ha ha

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678