+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mallik Wilks

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Not be long before 'eh up cock' is an insult
    I live down south and was walking out of work one evening and my mate from Rotherham shouted "hiya love hows today been" and I replied "Ok cock not as bad as yesterday" one of the female managers who was also leaving stopped us and asked to have a word? she said "As a 3rd party listening to your exchange I was offended by you using the word cock"!!!
    As quick as a flash my mate retorted "As much as i respect your right to feel offended, both love and cock are terms of affection where we come from and if you feel so hurt by us using it, please use the correct channels to report us and we will answer accordingly" also by what i've heard about you and that young lad that works here you don't get offended by him using cock in your office, so if you don't want that brought up as a married woman i'd let it lie! I couldn't stop laughing for weeks and she went red everytime she saw either of us but she also never said another word about our Yorkshire terms of affection!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Why? What’s wrong with saying Black fella? I walk the streets of Huddersfield on a daily basis under normal time and hear the N word regularly, 99% of the time said loudly by a black face to another black face.
    A word I think should be stopped coming from ANY mouth

What do you propose I should call a black man then Kinder? Tell me... I’d be interested. You call me out.... tell me your description of a black man. ,My black mates call themselves Black men. Should I now start calling them something different? black men call themselves Black men, and are happy with it..... why shouldn’t I?

I was asking why call a black man a black fellah? Its a bit like Boris Jhonson calling a black child a piccaninny.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    I was asking why call a black man a black fellah? Its a bit like Boris Jhonson calling a black child a piccaninny.
    2021 General Studies A Level Paper

Question 1. Compare and contrast the use of the term "black piccaninni" by Prime Minister Boris Johnson in a newspaper article with "black fellah" used in street conversation dialect in Yorkshire. (45 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Rubbish. Absolute cr@p.
    They are black men, black fellas, there are white men, these are white fellas.
    I’d call it a black kid, and that’s what it would be. A description of it, not a derogatory term. I’ve seen plenty of really ugly white kids, and I call them White kids. You didn’t put up a replacement for what I should call a black fella.
    Nothing racist about that. Johnson’s comments were inappropriate, and never should have been said.

I think you are out of order saying that me saying “Black fella” even comes close to his comment, his use of that word is, I agree not right.

I call my mate fella, my Son fella and my dog fella. Should I stop doing that too?

And as I look back through the thread, I wasn’t the only one to use that awful word “fella”

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Rubbish. Absolute cr@p.
    They are black men, black fellas, there are white men, these are white fellas.
    I’d call it a black kid, and that’s what it would be. A description of it, not a derogatory term. I’ve seen plenty of really ugly white kids, and I call them White kids. You didn’t put up a replacement for what I should call a black fella.
    Nothing racist about that. Johnson’s comments were inappropriate, and never should have been said.

I think you are out of order saying that me saying “Black fella” even comes close to his comment, his use of that word is, I agree not right.

I call my mate fella, my Son fella and my dog fella. Should I stop doing that too?

And as I look back through the thread, I wasn’t the only one to use that awful word “fella”
    Waste of time debating with these people Jules .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456