+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And if you know your history........

And if you know your history........

All I've read or heard recently is*negativity about Britain* with regard to its historical involvement in African slave trading. Its about time in the*interests of balance the part we played in ending this dreadful*practice received equal exposure.

In the early 1800's until the 1860's the Royal Navy blockaded African ports involved in the slave trade and prevented Africans selling their own people. It's reckoned they rescued 150,000. It's also recognised pressure from Britain played a part in other European countries, the Ottoman Empire and the US ending slavery.*

Would be nice to have this as a footnote to any criticism of our past.**

Lefties don't "do" truth

and why all this emphasis on history anyway surely it's right now that matters. There are currently more massively more people in slavery than ever before. No prizes for guessing in which continent it is most rife.

Why aren't these BLM activists putting the spotlight on these countries and these people in an attempt to sort out real problems.

BLM will have more support from me when they campaign to stop more black people killing black people and black people enslaving black people.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    Lefties don't "do" truth
    They're more than dangerous. Have a look at Bret Weinstein's experiences at Evergreen College Washington for a taste of what's going on in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    They're more than dangerous. Have a look at Bret Weinstein's experiences at Evergreen College Washington for a taste of what's going on in the USA.
    I look at Steve Turley's youtube channel...if true..there's a lot going on in the states that doesn't make it to our "news" bulletins

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    I look at Steve Turley's youtube channel...if true..there's a lot going on in the states that doesn't make it to our "news" bulletins
    Yes, Turley is very informative. No respect for the BBC News these days, and it's just laughable at the mock outrage displayed by the presenters, including Midlands Today.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    and why all this emphasis on history anyway surely it's right now that matters. There are currently more massively more people in slavery than ever before. No prizes for guessing in which continent it is most rife.

Why aren't these BLM activists putting the spotlight on these countries and these people in an attempt to sort out real problems.

BLM will have more support from me when they campaign to stop more black people killing black people and black people enslaving black people.
    So you wont back an issue until they fix the whole issue everywhere around the world
    How do you eat an elephant ?? Whole? or in bite sized chunks??

Watch this and see what they are up against in the US - https://www.netflix.com/title/80091741

There is systematic racism and enslavement for economic gains in the name of the war on drugs, or fear

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    So you wont back an issue until they fix the whole issue everywhere around the world
    How do you eat an elephant ?? Whole? or in bite sized chunks??

Watch this and see what they are up against in the US - https://www.netflix.com/title/80091741

There is systematic racism and enslavement for economic gains in the name of the war on drugs, or fear
    Any right thinking person would support a campaign that tried to end what happened to George Floyd. Problem is the campaign has been hijacked and BLM are doing exactly what you say shouldn't be done and instead of focusing George Floyd we are now talking about statues of revered Englishmen, Swing Low Sweet Chariot, historical slavery, protesters ignoring social distancing etc.

The result is instead of BLM gaining my support I have become defensive and resentful.

And on the subject of elephants the one in the room right now is that blokes like me can't express views without being considered racist.

I don’t consider views that go against mine racist
    Most people don’t
    But the best way to divide is to convince you that I and people like me do

Life’s all about change, surely things should change for the better
    Celebrating people that don’t agree with a pretty basic thing that most people agree with for example all people should be treated equally Isn’t something we should be doing is it ?

I include Gandhi and Churchill in that, surely we should be able to question incorrect views and opinions in order to grow

After all we learn and grow in our lives, we don’t act and think as we did when we were children and part of that is external influences from your surroundings and environment, and if those surroundings & environment are not correct and are biased, and systematically taking advantage of others then what’s wrong with realising that you may have been influenced negatively

so why can’t we as a society grow up learn and pass on those messages to our children

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Any right thinking person would support a campaign that tried to end what happened to George Floyd. Problem is the campaign has been hijacked and BLM are doing exactly what you say shouldn't be done and instead of focusing George Floyd we are now talking about statues of revered Englishmen, Swing Low Sweet Chariot, historical slavery, protesters ignoring social distancing etc.

The result is instead of BLM gaining my support I have become defensive and resentful.

And on the subject of elephants the one in the room right now is that blokes like me can't express views without being considered racist.
    Also in the US especially the issue is not just George Floyd And the knee on his neck but more what Al Sharpton said the systematic knee on all black peoples neck in the US

Seriously please watch that documentary it will show you something of how unfair the whole system is

If hundreds of thousands of families lose a father figure for trivial reasons and sees a system that oppressed them and wants to enslave them
    That has a knock on effect and will become a self filling prophecy for both black and white in society

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)