+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 172 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    So we signed Sow, Pawlett, Nesbitt, L.Smith, A.King, Gomis and people think Neilson had no influence on signings?

See instead of freaking out about the words of people who know f*ck all about the club... people should spend time listening to what the people INSIDE the club are saying. Numerous times Asghar said that the Head Coach has final say on the signings. Of course he does the dealings - what manager would actually want to deal with agents, contracts and all that sh1te?

If Tommy Wright meets with Asghar - he wont be put off by the fact he'll have someone in between himself and the chairman who's sole purpose is to HELP the Head Coach with all football matters. FFS people need to relax and trust our board who have made very little mistakes so far in their time at the club.

I've listened to almost every podcast or interview thats been banded about in the last 24 hours and people are just assuming, guessing that "oh there must be some financial issues at United for Robbie to leave" and "Oh I dont think any manager will like working under Asghar" its just utter sh1te these people are talking. They have no clue.

Asghar in the paper today saying our transfer business wont stop. FFS we bid 250k for Nisbet last week and this hasnt been recognised in a single one of the above mentioned podcasts, interviews etc. Pressley has us mothballing the academy when the DUSF just donated 100k to help phucking progress it FFS.

Taking a day or two away from social media or I think I'll explode.
    good post bud

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    So we signed Sow, Pawlett, Nesbitt, L.Smith, A.King, Gomis and people think Neilson had no influence on signings?

See instead of freaking out about the words of people who know f*ck all about the club... people should spend time listening to what the people INSIDE the club are saying. Numerous times Asghar said that the Head Coach has final say on the signings. Of course he does the dealings - what manager would actually want to deal with agents, contracts and all that sh1te?

If Tommy Wright meets with Asghar - he wont be put off by the fact he'll have someone in between himself and the chairman who's sole purpose is to HELP the Head Coach with all football matters. FFS people need to relax and trust our board who have made very little mistakes so far in their time at the club.

I've listened to almost every podcast or interview thats been banded about in the last 24 hours and people are just assuming, guessing that "oh there must be some financial issues at United for Robbie to leave" and "Oh I dont think any manager will like working under Asghar" its just utter sh1te these people are talking. They have no clue.

Asghar in the paper today saying our transfer business wont stop. FFS we bid 250k for Nisbet last week and this hasnt been recognised in a single one of the above mentioned podcasts, interviews etc. Pressley has us mothballing the academy when the DUSF just donated 100k to help phucking progress it FFS.

Taking a day or two away from social media or I think I'll explode.
    I agree with Offshore, good post. I'm as frustrated as you are with people outside the Club taking potshots without knowing facts.

But I disagree about the new manager and his likely relationships with MO and TA.

Managers like Levein and Wright want to be able to agree budgets and signings directly with the owner. No matter how positive TA is for the club the manager is not going to get a daily/weekly/postmatch sit down with the owner, and there's no substitute for that. In our case because of geography the owner is rarely at Tannadice.

In terms of signings my guess is that Robbie was 'given' Forrest, Sporle, Harkes, Powers and probably Shankland too. Managers like Levein and Wright resent being given players under any circumstances.

This is why I think we will appoint a manager who buys into that structure and process 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Sorry, but Kirkwood, Luggy, McKinnon and Brewster all tell that that just doesn’t work for us. We need someone who is that little bit detached in so much as he doesn’t let emotional ties cloud his judgement.
    We must not get sucked into the idea of a "United" connection and I don't think we will.
    I can't think of one ex player who would be a good fit, and Dunc included in that.

Seen Nigel Clough and Mick McCarthy mentioned. No idea if either would be interested but for me that is the calibre we should be after. Problem being our league status yet to be confirmed.

As Asghar has pointed out the owner of our club is not hands on and never had been. So the drivel spouted by Elvis about any frustrations Neilson had not being able to have access to the owner readily. Is just that drivel! Elvis is just trying to undermine us for the sake of his old club and mate. Also for him to put in print that he wld nt be interested in becoming the manager of club is laughable. Why wld United even look at this monosyllabic ****. What has he achieved during his managerial career that wld warrant us even looking in his direction. As stated earlier in this thread. All these half wits need to keep their opinions to themselves and concentrate on things closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    As Asghar has pointed out the owner of our club is not hands on and never had been. So the drivel spouted by Elvis about any frustrations Neilson had not being able to have access to the owner readily. Is just that drivel! Elvis is just trying to undermine us for the sake of his old club and mate. Also for him to put in print that he wld nt be interested in becoming the manager of club is laughable. Why wld United even look at this monosyllabic ****. What has he achieved during his managerial career that wld warrant us even looking in his direction. As stated earlier in this thread. All these half wits need to keep their opinions to themselves and concentrate on things closer to home.
    Absolutely correct. But Scottish football is awash with so called pundits who are beyond stupid. The BBC has a lot to do with this. They allow thick ex players who know very little about the game and who have achieved nothing in club management to suddenly be expert in everything. It's a very small country mentality, a parochialism that continues.

In England, and I'm not happy having to type this, there are pundits who didn't have a great playing career but are able to analyse situations off field (and on) in a much more intelligent way. I'm sure there are ex players in Scotland who could do a much better job than the likes of Pressley etc but I doubt they ever get interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt, and to make it perfectly clear to everyone (and especially ant club reps peeking in) I am not and never have been interested in the position of Dundee United Manager.

The fact I am completely unqualified is neither here nor there quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt, and to make it perfectly clear to everyone (and especially ant club reps peeking in) I am not and never have been interested in the position of Dundee United Manager.

The fact I am completely unqualified is neither here nor there quite frankly.
    thats £20 at the bookies wasted on 100-1 ffs

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    We must not get sucked into the idea of a "United" connection and I don't think we will.
    I can't think of one ex player who would be a good fit, and Dunc included in that.

Seen Nigel Clough and Mick McCarthy mentioned. No idea if either would be interested but for me that is the calibre we should be after. Problem being our league status yet to be confirmed.
    agree about utd connection. Both mentioned there will be used to massive budgets so would have a concern - although maybe their motives are to get a platform - dunno?

Jens Lehmann rumours gathering pace elsewhere. Now reported in the press.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...dundee-united/

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    agree about utd connection. Both mentioned there will be used to massive budgets so would have a concern - although maybe their motives are to get a platform - dunno?
    No idea whether either would be interested tbh. Clough would have been on a tight budget at Burton.

I can't see the club going down the route of interviewing the usual suspects here, I think the appointment might come out of the blue.
    Hope it's not "Bubba Coby Carlson" type of approach though!

Tbh it's a very tricky situation because there might be some targets who'd be interested but would only come if we're confirmed as a Premiership club. Is that bad thing? Imo no.
    But when will we get a decision? Could we see a temporary appointment until that's decided. Very difficult. I'm not unhappy RN's gone but the legal stuff complicates it a bit.

Page 18 of 172 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)