+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 172 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I can't see the club going down the route of interviewing the usual suspects here, I think the appointment might come out of the blue.
    Agree with this, I can see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    ...if we're confirmed as a Premiership club.
    We already are confirmed as a Premiership club.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post

Well we are as it stands but that is being challenged so in the minds of applicants they won't know 100%

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Jens Lehmann rumours gathering pace elsewhere. Now reported in the press.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...dundee-united/
    Never managed a club in his life, next...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Never managed a club in his life, next...
    I agree, very strange one that.

“We have a working group for succession planning for everything that we do.

“In any organisation you have to be prepared to act if your talent goes, whether that’s a player or a member of your coaching staff or the executive team."

That wee quote there from Asghar in The Courier could be, and i think has been, blown up by some to mean so much more than its true meaning. All i take from it is we will be promoting one of the coaches up the ladder, but which one?

Think TW will be using us to get the Northern Ireland job.....thats what he has been holding out for. I reckon we will appoint someone that hasn't been mentioned so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    “We have a working group for succession planning for everything that we do.

“In any organisation you have to be prepared to act if your talent goes, whether that’s a player or a member of your coaching staff or the executive team."

That wee quote there from Asghar in The Courier could be, and i think has been, blown up by some to mean so much more than its true meaning. All i take from it is we will be promoting one of the coaches up the ladder, but which one?
    That's certainly what succession planning means in business terms. **** McCulloch being our Head Coach though. His record at Killie speaks for itself.

McInally certainly thinks Tommy's the man.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53150784

When I first saw the name 'Lehmann' I thought it was thon chunt that used to play for Hibs who wore tape on his ears…

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post

I agree and that think that United will look for someone that fits in the club’s structure and chosen profile rather than just pick a known Scottish manager. A foreign coach more likely in that regard, which may be a gamble, but all choices are anyway. If I was throwing in names and hat might fit that bill, ones that might fit that by ll might be names like Aleksandar Rogic or Thomas Christiansen, but that is me nust picking names out of the air really.

Page 19 of 172 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)