+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 172 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

make it happen Tony

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Ceres will just go with whatever makes them most relevant as always with the 'popular supporters' on social media. Been that way since day 1 from them.
    I'm not on about Bennisons opinion though. He just post what's in the press. I'm referring to the 77 comments on the status.

"Malky Mackay is ready to take a six-figure pay cut to become manager of Dundee United."

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/malky-...e-united-boss/

Its not a done deal. We have to get permission if we want to interview him. Simple as that imo.
    Permission granted going to happen

Down to results now

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Permission granted going to happen

Down to results now
    Yeah, it's gathering too much pace for it to be a 'routine interview' for me. I fully expect him to be our next manager if talks go well.

What I find incredible is that while we’re debating MM’s merits and suitability with reference to issues from several years ago and for which he has publicly apologised and undergone diversity training, we do so to a background of continuing unedifying bigoted and sectarian bile from two institutions which continues as ever to go unpunished and unchecked. Only in Scotland.

Ceres will just go with whatever makes them most relevant as always with the 'popular supporters' on social media. Been that way since day 1 from them.
    best page for united supporters on FB though IMO

I think United making mistake here.

As well as the obvious bad publicity and the concern over the views he has previously expressed he’s just not got that great a management record.

His time at Cardiff was some time ago. Wigan he did badly. I don’t see this as an upgrade on Neilson.

Would prefer younger Scottish manager

Personally I’m going to find it uncomfortable having to back him as manager if he’s appointed - and I am not in any of the minorities that he has made fun of in his texts.

Appointment looks likely now

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think United making mistake here.

Personally I’m going to find it uncomfortable having to back him as manager if he’s appointed - and I am not in any of the minorities that he has made fun of in his texts.

Appointment looks likely now

In any era those texts are inappropriate, but in current times this will be under more scrutiny. If society wants people to gain understanding then highlighting what he was and what he is now helps that
    Our justice system is set up so that folk who make mistakes, adjust and make amends.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    What I find incredible is that while we’re debating MM’s merits and suitability with reference to issues from several years ago and for which he has publicly apologised and undergone diversity training, we do so to a background of continuing unedifying bigoted and sectarian bile from two institutions which continues as ever to go unpunished and unchecked. Only in Scotland.
    Couldn't have put it better! Unfortunately I see no end to the bigotry/sectarianism, it is truly ingrained.

Page 58 of 172 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)