+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 80 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    i seen a whatsapp fae CC praising MM yesterday as it happens mate

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    I wld rather have McKay over McLaren. McKay Is still a young hungry guy. He will want to prove himself, and no doubt will see the job at Utd as a stepping stone. Which is no bad thing considering the importance of this season for us. McLaren’s name, and the fact that he is an ex England manger far outweighs his credentials, and in my opinion glosses over his many failures. McKay has done everything he can possibly do to rehabilitate himself and giving the genuine names put forward he wld be my choice.
    I think I'm the same tbh. However, we're in the unusual position where the three outstanding favourites for the job are three guys who most fans would be happy to take (barring Mackays misdemeanours). When does this ever happen?

Changed days from the two favourites being McNamara & Pressley or Paatelainen & Hughes. 😳

Tommy back to fav.

****s gonna stop betting on him ffs, it's gie'in me the ****ing fear.

Ranieri would've never got the Leicester job if they focused only on his failures elsewhere shortly before it. McClaren definitely worth a punt based on all the reasons already mentioned. Sure it's a risk, but if it's between him and Mackay then McClaren for me. Purely on the basis of their CVs, ignoring Mackay's baggage.

If he's happy with the money we're offering, go for it. Preferably have someone like Robson or Daly as his assistant with a view to taking over in a couple of years.

Have to say I'd be happy with any of Wright, Mackay (not if we're paying compensation) or McClaren.

Same here mate. Having watch the eye bleeding football we have been subjected too over the past few years. I can’t see that changing under him. I get he maybe a safe pair of hands but I dnt think I cld go through our first year in prem with him a the helm. He is defence minded and boring as feck.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Same here mate. Having watch the eye bleeding football we have been subjected too over the past few years. I can’t see that changing under him. I get he maybe a safe pair of hands but I dnt think I cld go through our first year in prem with him a the helm. He is defence minded and boring as feck.
    In regards to wright.

Out of the 3 contenders my choice having researched them all would be McClaren

Club the size of united he could work wonders. Brilliant coach by all accounts. At clubs of our size he has done a really good job, sometimes exceptional

Ignoring the division that appointing Mackay would create (not commenting either way on what happened) he does not have such recent experience in club football.

McClaren win percentage is 44% and this includes a lot of time in top leagues particularly the premier league

Mackay was only in premier league for short time and his win percentage is 37% - actually quite a big difference, below McClaren

Another point is that McClaren does like to play a really good brand of attacking football.

When he was at Derby with Jonny Russell I saw them a few times and they played really well with a good young team

If Malky Mckay's selling point is his experience managing at a high level in England well McLaren trumps him big time and he comes without the baggage. Between the 2 its a no brainer for me. It all depends on whether we are seriously in the running to capture a coach of the calibre of Mclaren.

Whoever it is just hurry up and appoint someone , firstly my head is burst with a this and secondly there is not that much time before season starts and whoever he may be Will need as much time as possible with the players and to bring in some new ones

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Whoever it is just hurry up and appoint someone , firstly my head is burst with a this and secondly there is not that much time before season starts and whoever he may be Will need as much time as possible with the players and to bring in some new ones
    Ken, I've actually not got a clue who I want. One minute it's Sccchhteeeeve, next it's Malky. Just get it done ffs. 😂

Page 80 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)