+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 134 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1719

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I think the pressure managers face in Scotland can come as a surprise to some.

But I think Micky Mellons is probably just at the right stage of his managerial trajectory to take us on.

McLaren and Wright have achieved everything they are going to as managers. Their managerial stars are well on the wane.

Malky is a rehabilitation job, and a risk.

As for Badger, big Jon et al - this is not a job for a rookie.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Micky Mellons.
    This is exactly where I am at. Hungry, proven at lower level, ambitious, wont muck about, will get players fit etc. I looked back at Andy Robertson when he joined, comments like: amateur in permier league if he is first choice we are fvcked, this is exactly the type of signing that will get us relegated etc. Different scenarios but maybe parrallels to be drawn. I reckon some folk doubt Tony tbh. Time will tell as it looks like he is our man. He could of course freeze, bow down to OF, hibs and sheep or maybe he has got some balls (mellon balls lol) and tactical nouse that will see the style of play improve as well. He also has Shankland so im not overly concerned.

Also had a look at The Tranmere forums, they mostly seem fairly gutted if Micky Mellon is leaving. Many saying it’s a done deal , although seems based on press reports.

Interesting one , we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    No worries, it's like I've said just not worth the bother. I care a hell of a lot more about Dundee United than I do about Malky Mackay.
    I agree but we should also support whoever Dundee Utd choose to interview/recruit instead of nonsense spouted via emails and social media

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    No worries, it's like I've said just not worth the bother. I care a hell of a lot more about Dundee United than I do about Malky Mackay.
    Some of your posts are simply excellent sir. when it became clear the baggage wasnt going away and a sizeable number objected, given the ****storm of promotion and courts i just thought one step too far maybe. Shame i think malky would have been a good appointment and i have views very similar to yourself now - i care more about utd than any individual.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I agree but we should also support whoever Dundee Utd choose to interview/recruit instead of nonsense spouted via emails and social media
    Well I'm not on Facebook or twitter so not seen any of it tbh. I also haven't seen any of the emails either. But had Malky got the job he would have had my full support as a Dundee United fan. I also support the clubs decision to steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Some of your posts are simply excellent sir. when it became clear the baggage wasnt going away and a sizeable number objected, given the ****storm of promotion and courts i just thought one step too far maybe. Shame i think malky would have been a good appointment and i have views very similar to yourself now - i care more about utd than any individual.
    Thank you kindly sir and I wholeheartedly agree, far too much commotion at the moment already 👍

Now if we could just hurry up and announce big jugs before the chippy shuts 😂

I just feel a bit underwhelmed by Mickey’s Mellons. I get a bit of a ‘Pat Fenlon‘ feeling about him. A complete unknown who was talked up & look how he ended up when he got the Hibs job.

We’ve gone from touting ex-England and EPL/championship managers to an unknown who’s not even in the reckoning for the Birmingham job.

I hope if he gets the job, he proves me wrong and looking on the bright side it looks like it’s not Tommy ‘zzz’ Wright (hopefully I haven’t spoken to soon).

Another thing that might go against Malky being appointed would be that potential transfer targets that fall in the category that he offended in his texts might not want to sign for him.

After all this, what if Mellons turns us down because he feels the jobs not for him.! We're back to Badger, McPhee, Daly etc.... shudder 😱

Page 134 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)