+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: White Lives Matter

White Lives Matter

Burnley have condemned a white Lives matter banner that was flown over the game at Manchester city
    Is this what the country is coming to ?

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Burnley have condemned a white Lives matter banner that was flown over the game at Manchester city
    Not sure I understand the point you are making Dools

I would fly an extra long banner saying

"All lives will matter when both black lives matter and white lives matter, irrespective of se xual orientation, physical or mental ability, age, se x, culture and religion (or no faith)".

Stretch from Tarn End to Doduth. Thi neck would ache by time tha'd read it passing ovva-eead.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Gunna see more and more of this Dools. Equality is great but we're heading beyond that. The EDL and wotnot will be laughing their co cks off right now planning their next shindig in Rotherham.

to blacks only black lives matter you only have to look thru videos on facebook and youtube at blacks attacking whites just because there white.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Not sure I understand the point you are making Dools
    My point is soon we won't have freedom of speech because it doesn't suit certain others

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    to blacks only black lives matter you only have to look thru videos on facebook and youtube at blacks attacking whites just because there white.
    They wag the finger but there's no one more racist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53152212

You have to laugh, why can't they just check what the banner says before letting them take off?

The thing is as a white male I agree with almost everyone on this issue as almost everyone has a valid point from their view, however as a white person I cannot begin to understand what a black person has to contend with and I never will because i am not black?
    I am the same with disabled, females and gay people because I don't have a disability and I am not gay or female so I will never know what kind of abuse, discrimination or hatred these people have to put up with? I am a firm believer in "you have to walk in someones shoes to understand their reality".

We as football fans of a smaller unfashionable club have often said we feel discriminated against in favour of the bigger clubs, so I would imagine it's a hell of a lot worse than that because it's personal, but I can't for a minute say I understand because I just don't!

I work in a proffession where I have seen discrimination and hatred in all it's forms, it has caused suicides, depression and people leaving their jobs because of it, I have never been made to feel like this.

It really matters that we do something about discrimination in all it's forms and for me this must start with education and the abolishment of all male/female and Christian schools, we need to teach black history as well which I can assure you doesn't happen in schools which is why we have a black history month otherwise it wouldn't be taught at all!!

Pulling down statues doesn't remove the history and people know that, however it's what the statues stand for all people see is that they are being honoured for something that was fundametally wrong.

It was a troll, and it's worked, look at em all losing their minds over it, just too easy to reel em in, like them it's ok to be white signs what went up. They are designed to reel folk in so they show their hypocrisy. Like I say, it's worked.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53152212

You have to laugh, why can't they just check what the banner says before letting them take off?

The thing is as a white male I agree with almost everyone on this issue as almost everyone has a valid point from their view, however as a white person I cannot begin to understand what a black person has to contend with and I never will because i am not black?
    I am the same with disabled, females and gay people because I don't have a disability and I am not gay or female so I will never know what kind of abuse, discrimination or hatred these people have to put up with? I am a firm believer in "you have to walk in someones shoes to understand their reality".

We as football fans of a smaller unfashionable club have often said we feel discriminated against in favour of the bigger clubs, so I would imagine it's a hell of a lot worse than that because it's personal, but I can't for a minute say I understand because I just don't!

I work in a proffession where I have seen discrimination and hatred in all it's forms, it has caused suicides, depression and people leaving their jobs because of it, I have never been made to feel like this.

It really matters that we do something about discrimination in all it's forms and for me this must start with education and the abolishment of all male/female and Christian schools, we need to teach black history as well which I can assure you doesn't happen in schools which is why we have a black history month otherwise it wouldn't be taught at all!!

Pulling down statues doesn't remove the history and people know that, however it's what the statues stand for all people see is that they are being honoured for something that was fundametally wrong.
    I think the Airport manager & Blacpool council have jumped on the bandwagon once the proverbial hit the fan
    The points raised in the rest of your post I totally agree with