+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Released Players

Released Players

See we have released players today:

Rob Elliot
    Jack Colback
    Jamie Sterry
    Luke Charman
    Víctor Fernández
    Liam Gibson
    Nathan Harker

Only one i'm slightly disappointed in is Elliot, although I do understand why we've let him go.

This was Elliot's statment:

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    See we have released players today:

Rob Elliot
    Jack Colback
    Jamie Sterry
    Luke Charman
    Víctor Fernández
    Liam Gibson
    Nathan Harker

Only one i'm slightly disappointed in is Elliot, although I do understand why we've let him go.

This was Elliot's statment:

Would have preferred to have kept him then sign Gillespie on a Free but hopefully he can find himself a championship club and get regular football.

That's very canny of him-he didn't need to do that.

He got a fair amount of stick for backing Pardew and fatso (quite rightly, imo) and, actually, wasn't particularly good but, at the same time, was what you'd call a good, honest pro and was an absolutley smashing bloke (mate of mine used to cook for him and said he was absolutely sound).

Wish him nothing but good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That's very canny of him-he didn't need to do that.

He got a fair amount of stick for backing Pardew and fatso (quite rightly, imo) and, actually, wasn't particularly good but, at the same time, was what you'd call a good, honest pro and was an absolutley smashing bloke (mate of mine used to cook for him and said he was absolutely sound).

Wish him nothing but good luck.
    Yes agreed, he was a trier who gave his best and at times his best was useful.

He also had a sense of humour because he put up with a lot of stick at times with a smile on his face.

Sad about Liam Gibson as the lad missed a whole season due to ill health, I thought he would have made it through, not being biased because he has the same name as my Grandson, I hope he makes his mark elsewhere.

Aye - he did fine out on loan at Acrington, so I reckon he'll be picked up by a League one or two side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye - he did fine out on loan at Acrington, so I reckon he'll be picked up by a League one or two side.
    Not Blunderland though I hope. That would be a travesty if he moved there and did well and progressed.

Thinking about it he probably has more sense though.

None of them deserve a contract at the toon
    Onwards and upwards

I was about to post that ginger Jack’ll be off to the mackems, but then I realized he’s probably too good for them now. Jesus.....that is frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I was about to post that ginger Jack’ll be off to the mackems, but then I realized he’s probably too good for them now. Jesus.....that is frightening.

I reckon Boro - complete the trio of clubs, there in chimpo so will be his level.

The Makems couldn’t afford the salaries of Colback and Elliot

How the mighty six in a row have fallen, I’m loving it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)