+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scotland

Scotland

I hesitate, for any number of historical reasons, to be over - optimistic, but if Steve Clarke can organise Robertson, Tierney, Gilmour, McTominay, McGinn, Armstrong and a couple of others into a unit we might just about have a team.

You're a brave man.

Until Armstrong scores the winner in the World Cup final he owes us one...

We will see. I'd say for a start that without any central defenders we're going absolutely nowhere regardless of potential elsewhere. And we've seen before that having wonderful players in certain defensive positions brings little if they can't pass the ball to equally wonderful players who can do something with it - there's a reason Robertson looks so much poorer for Scotland than Liverpool, as Fletcher, Barry Ferguson before him etc.

O M G ... this is a serious example of what a 14 week lock-down can do to a man

I see the logic - C-19 comes along, and the play-offs are postponed. Therefore, in a year's time McGinn, Gilmour, Tierney, McTominay et al, are established first teamers with England's top clubs, and captained by a CL and EPL winner D Robertson (not to mention Turnbull running the show).

It's almost as if Scotland never had the likes of Harvey, Lorimer, Bremner, McGrain, Hansen, Miller, Souness, Wark, Rioch, Gemmill, Collins, J Robertson, Dalglish, Jordan, Mojo ...

Ach well, let the man dream. Personally, I'm done with getting het up about it.
    Last edited by sieb1886; 01-07-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)