+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Luton Town ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Newsflash.....4 shots on goal, 3 goals. 75% conversion rate, what would we give for a performance half as clinical.
    You mean like against Fulham on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    "One swallow doth not a summer make" Our strike rate over the season????

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Don't take my word for it....

https://medium.com/@allstatsarentwe/...x-6b78e942e6b6

I've emailed Roy Castle. I think this is the longest thread ever.

PS. Bamford is still 5hite.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    I've emailed Roy Castle. I think this is the longest thread ever.

PS. Bamford is still 5hite.
    Agreed (on Bamford), but I'm sorry to have to break this to you but Roy passed away some time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agreed (on Bamford), but I'm sorry to have to break this to you but Roy passed away some time ago!
    I know ya gimp! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    I know ya gimp! 🤣
    I knew you knew, ya bigger gimp!

Good article - reinforces how good Bielsa is and his system is in that he can turn a fairly average squad into a title challenging squad. It just isn’t good enough to make Bamford play like Alan Shearer.

With a few better players ........

Law of averages means even Bamford must have a few good games - well here’s hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Whole team not at the races yet as a unit,IMO.
    Phillips and his misplaced passes are not helping Klich or Costa who've been just as ineffective and wasteful as let's say Bamford.The whole unit needs questioning as to why Lutons Harry Cornick got his chance last night,IMO.

Don't panic,still reasoned positives - since we've been in the Championship we've finished 7th, 14th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th, 13th and 3rd which obviously proves Bielsa cannot/doesn't perform miracles - get real folks no one better with our budget.Two season ago we got £4 million from EFL tv rights whilst Huddersfield received £100 million and where are they now with the Chuckle brothers.

We have 3 clubs in the Championship who between them are receiving £226 million in parachute payments this season and 18 clubs receiving £81 million between 'em.
    This is NOT a fair equitable split and creates irrational spending behaviours for those not getting parachute payments as Rad knows too,bloody well.

Top of the league,6 points ahead of third we've never been in a stronger position at this end of the season in the Championship.Our last 8 games state P8 W6 D1 L1 with 6 clean sheets, 13 scored and conceded 3 - not perfect but who is in this league,certainly not Wigan TODAY anyways.
    Always going to the wire this season.

MOT - IALIA (I'm All Leeds I Am)
    Pfff.

I stated this ages ago with his system hence last season disaster.

The theory goes that, although the system creates more than any other team in the league, perhaps it’s so physically demanding on players that by the time it comes to finishing the chances created, the players are exhausted and their composure is therefore poor

Players arent robots. Lucky the virus hit and they had a break otherwise we wouldnt be here wondering instead talking about our next manager.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)