+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bentaleb & Lazaro

Bentaleb & Lazaro

How ya deein bonny lads and lasses?

I think, despite facing a poor Bournemouth side we was what the guy is all about. Bentelab seems to be finally getting up to match fitness after almost 7 month in the wilderness.

He's got an £8.5m price tag and the parent club are willing sellers.

Admittedly I don't see him as a worldie but certainly a decent tool for the squad at a super cheap price (in the current market).

Lazaro - the lad has bags of quality and is a level above the Likes of Atsu and easily offers as much if not more than Richie (Richie has that fire and work rate which is genuinely awesome). With the ability to play Left, Right and Centre a fee of around 18-20 is a decent price for a young player with such potential who is already a full international!

£22mil for the pair is pretty smart business in todays market.

What are you thought lads and lasses, have a canny day one and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    How ya deein bonny lads and lasses?

I think, despite facing a poor Bournemouth side we was what the guy is all about. Bentelab seems to be finally getting up to match fitness after almost 7 month in the wilderness.

He's got an £8.5m price tag and the parent club are willing sellers.

Admittedly I don't see him as a worldie but certainly a decent tool for the squad at a super cheap price (in the current market).

Lazaro - the lad has bags of quality and is a level above the Likes of Atsu and easily offers as much if not more than Richie (Richie has that fire and work rate which is genuinely awesome). With the ability to play Left, Right and Centre a fee of around 18-20 is a decent price for a young player with such potential who is already a full international!

£22mil for the pair is pretty smart business in todays market.

What are you thought lads and lasses, have a canny day one and all.
    Kinda hoping we will be shopping in better stores soon, but yeah, what are they 24/25 years old, both showing bits of quality now and again.

The pair for 20 mil max as squad players and if they keep improving and provide good competition then all the better.

Half of Joelinton for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Kinda hoping we will be shopping in better stores soon, but yeah, what are they 24/25 years old, both showing bits of quality now and again.

The pair for 20 mil max as squad players and if they keep improving and provide good competition then all the better.

Half of Joelinton for both.
    I'd priorities Lazaro over Bentaleb.

Lazaro could cost close to £20 million on his own though, he also has made no bones about his desire to play for Inter. He sees this as a move to keep fit.

I would keep him, certainly, however i'm not sure he wants to be here long term. He is at least, unlike Rose, giving it his all when on pitch.

Bentaleb, for £8.5 million i'd have him. Good player and for where we are currently will be good for us.

As others have said though, hopefully we'll be looking at a higher class of player soon.

Lazaro is a class act and should be starting every week instead of Ritchie, i wouldnt sign Bentaleb though

I'd sign both, even with the hopefully imminent takeover.

We can't replace our entire squad straightaway, and even if we could it wouldn't be a good idea. These lads can play a bit of ball and are very decent players for squad depth.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)