+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 102 minutes of garbage

102 minutes of garbage

I’ve just watched the Bournemouth v Spurs game for over 100 minutes and it was diabolical viewing for the neutral fan like me. A few weeks ago I put a post on here stating I wasn’t impressed with the standard of football we had to tolerate. I was told to give it a chance. I have, and my opinion remains the same. Both these clubs are under achieving for various reasons and it was not hard to see why. The conditions were perfect, the pitch immaculate ,and there was no excuses for a decent game to evolve. Mourinho was brought in to lift the club once Poch had gone. He has failed in that respect and what the Tottenham chairman sees in him I ‘ll never know. Maybe he just wanted someone “who was a name “to steer the ship.If that was the case ,his ship is either rudderless or sinking.
    As for Eddie , he has problems of a different sort. It looks as though their destiny coul go to the final game. They look decent enough on the team sheet ,but that’s all. I’m just glad i’m Not a fan of either club after watching a game like that.

can see similar complaints on most of the PL team forums - mal...........has been that way all season, standards are unnaturally low - and with no crowd to gee them on or give it some atmosphere - the games dead on its feet.

I saw Spurs v Everton a few days ago, I was in a really determined mood and forced myself to sit there suffering until the very end. It was such garbage, such unrelenting tedium that it's done the trick. I haven't watched a game since, and I've no intention of watching any more, that's me finished for the season, which pleases Mrs S no end.

I will stick to my guns on this subject. The PL is very much over-hyped and the standard of football is generally not very good.
    They have the most perfect conditions in which to play the game and yet they serve up los of tiki taka football with teams regularly taking at least 12 passes to get the ball out of their own half.

Yes, I am getting on, however, the game was so much more of a spectacle when it was played on less than perfect pitches with balls that picked up the water and got heavier as the game wore on, players wearing proper boots, not feigning injury or going down at the slightest touch and rolling around for ever! Add to that a genuine desire to play the game and a willingness to accept the onfield decisions without the aid, or should it be hinderance, of VAR! There is so much wrong with the modern game, however, it is regressing into the game which the modern fan wants and it will not be too long before, at the top level, it will be a non-contact sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I will stick to my guns on this subject. The PL is very much over-hyped and the standard of football is generally not very good.
    They have the most perfect conditions in which to play the game and yet they serve up los of tiki taka football with teams regularly taking at least 12 passes to get the ball out of their own half.

Yes, I am getting on, however, the game was so much more of a spectacle when it was played on less than perfect pitches with balls that picked up the water and got heavier as the game wore on, players wearing proper boots, not feigning injury or going down at the slightest touch and rolling around for ever! Add to that a genuine desire to play the game and a willingness to accept the onfield decisions without the aid, or should it be hinderance, of VAR! There is so much wrong with the modern game, however, it is regressing into the game which the modern fan wants and it will not be too long before, at the top level, it will be a non-contact sport.

I don't post much on this board for various reasons............but I digress. I agree with the above post 100%. What happened to the days when Coates made a run in the mud, defenders looking to bring him down from behind, he'd cut in from the wing and unleash a rocket. Sure it's nice to see these pretty players farting around getting nowhere fast, I bet they'd wearing 'depends' if Brian O'Niel, Dave Merrington, Colin Blant et al were in the immediate area!

Even Harry Kane looked like he had only played for his Sunday League pub team as third reserve, once a month when one of the cars had broken and three of the regular starters failed to show.

Got to admit though that Danny has got his mojo back.Good luck to the lad after all his injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Got to admit though that Danny has got his mojo back.Good luck to the lad after all his injuries.
    Indeed barrie, he's carrying the Saints on his own!

I suffered it for 15 minutes Malwayne, so you have more patience than me.

Like a few above have said the standard is just not there, "best league in the world" ? Nowhere near, I don't expect gripping games every other match, as we only get a fraction of that.

The crowd is definately a big missed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I suffered it for 15 minutes Malwayne, so you have more patience than me.

Like a few above have said the standard is just not there, "best league in the world" ? Nowhere near, I don't expect gripping games every other match, as we only get a fraction of that.

The crowd is definately a big missed though.
    Not for me with the sound turned off so I don't have to listen to the inane ramblings of whoever is doing the inane rambling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)