+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Rush

O/T Rush

Darnloaded it on BBC catch up earlier. Just watched it, reight film. It's abart rivalry between formula1 drivers Niki Lauda and James Hunt and Laudas astonishing comeback after 42 days from a near fatal accident which left him with horrific burns. Give it a watch.
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 11-07-2020 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Darnloaded it on BBC catch up earlier. Just watched it, reight film. It's abart rivalry between formula1 drivers Niki Lauda and James Hunt and Laudas astonishing comeback after 42 days from a near fatal accident which left him with horrific burns. Give it a watch.
    I'll defo give that a go Pass , not really my thing isn't Formula One but James Hunt war a geezer , proper lad , liked a good party and a couple of birds on his arm .

Barry Sheene won the motor cycle world title that year too and he war a geezer n all .

Both James and Barry sadly passed away relatively young but they packed plenty in I'll tell thi .

Always said it me , if tha a young kid , famous and some brass behind thi then go and enjoy this sen , feck this boring b@llax .

What's point in bin famous at that age and not having two or three hundred notches on thi heedboard .

Feckin none ill tell thi .

Tha a long time deed .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'll defo give that a go Pass , not really my thing isn't Formula One but James Hunt war a geezer , proper lad , liked a good party and a couple of birds on his arm .

Barry Sheene won the motor cycle world title that year too and he war a geezer n all .

Both James and Barry sadly passed away relatively young but they packed plenty in I'll tell thi .

Always said it me , if tha a young kid , famous and some brass behind thi then go and enjoy this sen , feck this boring b@llax .

What's point in bin famous at that age and not having two or three hundred notches on thi heedboard .

Feckin none ill tell thi .

Tha a long time deed .

Formula 1 not my thing either Animal but I've certainly got an appreciation for their guts, competitiveness, skill and bravery. What those guys did for a living back then I can't put into words. Although there was a respect between them they were two completely different characters were Hunt and Lauda and the film certainly portrays that.
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 11-07-2020 at 11:44 PM.

Am not into formula one either , i will give that a watch though ,
    it's years back now , But my Sister lived in Quinta de Lago Algarve , one of there neighbours was Ayrton Senna, and his lovely Wife used to play Golf with my Sister , one Sunday I had played my round early morning with my brother in law and 2 friends , the ladies as normal played later, what began as a lovely sunny good golfing day turned into a nightmare , after finishing our round we were having lunch in the clubhouse , the Formula one racing was on the TVs , it was the day Ayrton Senna got killed , his wife and my sister were unaware of the tradgedy as they were still out on the golf course , needless to say there was plenty of tears and upset , the shock of that day still sticks with me now ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Am not into formula one either , i will give that a watch though ,
    it's years back now , But my Sister lived in Quinta de Lago Algarve , one of there neighbours was Ayrton Senna, and his lovely Wife used to play Golf with my Sister , one Sunday I had played my round early morning with my brother in law and 2 friends , the ladies as normal played later, what began as a lovely sunny good golfing day turned into a nightmare , after finishing our round we were having lunch in the clubhouse , the Formula one racing was on the TVs , it was the day Ayrton Senna got killed , his wife and my sister were unaware of the tradgedy as they were still out on the golf course , needless to say there was plenty of tears and upset , the shock of that day still sticks with me now ,

Bloody hell Roma, that's a story and a half mate. Senna was a true sporting icon. I remember the day he died too, I believe Brazil officially had 2 days of mourning. However, there were 2 deaths at Imola that weekend. Roland Ratzenberger succumbed the day before Senna. Tragic weekend all round