+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Keane- what else should we expect from him

Robbie Keane- what else should we expect from him

I was more than interested in what the experts on bbc had to say following tonight’s game. Always going to be a difficult game , especially when Jimenez scored with a brilliant volley to put them ahead . However you have to give credit to the team for keeping going right until the end. As for the penalty, the man in Uxbridge sitting in front of his TV set said it was, and that was that.However, Robbie Keane said it should have been a free kick to Wolves for dangerous play. An ex Wolves player with a biased opinion. What do you expect. ? I was pleased and relieved we equalised , if only for the fact that Wood should have scored a couple of minutes previously. Well, all you media people out there(including the biased ones) , would you please give Burnley Football Club the credit they deserve from now on. We deserve it, after the season we’ve had. That’s all i’m asking.

We hardly get any credit, especially when we play the top 6, and if its the so called regular pundits we are lucky to get a proper mention.

P!ssed myself laughing watching the game when Burnley started humping it into no mans land with time to pick a pass which was getting me anoyed , Dion Dublin said sometimes you have to do that to releive the pressure, 20 minutes later with Burnley still humping it into no mans land he said, "You cannot keep just humping it upfield as the opposition will start another attack on you", NO SH!T SHERLOCK, MAKE YOUR MIND UP YOU OVERHYPED TOTAL KNOB HEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    We hardly get any credit, especially when we play the top 6, and if its the so called regular pundits we are lucky to get a proper mention.

P!ssed myself laughing watching the game when Burnley started humping it into no mans land with time to pick a pass which was getting me anoyed , Dion Dublin said sometimes you have to do that to releive the pressure, 20 minutes later with Burnley still humping it into no mans land he said, "You cannot keep just humping it upfield as the opposition will start another attack on you", NO SH!T SHERLOCK, MAKE YOUR MIND UP YOU OVERHYPED TOTAL KNOB HEAD.
    You have just explained why I always turn the sound off!

I think there's an unsurprising pattern here...Burnley are always bottom of the pile. There's a lot more viewers in Wolverhampton than Burnley.

Was that another sneer from Gary Me-no-liker on MOTD? “Burnley scored with their only shot on target- a penalty”. He just can’t help himself can he. A good match up between two honest sides. Credit where credit is due to Jiménez for one of the most sublime finishes I have seen. You thought a worldie was the only way Pope would be beaten. Credit too to NES for not making a post match fuss over the handball incident. What would Mourinho or Klopp have made of that? Strong jaw that’s what we have Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Credit too to NES for not making a post match fuss over the handball incident. What would Mourinho or Klopp have made of that?
    Looking at that incident dispassionately it illustrates everything that's gone wrong with football. Back in the day, when common sense still applied, it would have been a free-kick against Wood for dangerous play and the handball claim would have been waved away, because there was clearly no intent on the part of the defender to play the ball with his hand, the contact was accidental, so there would have been no offence.

It worked in our favour this time, but what a ludicrous situation the cretins running the game have got us into, when dangerous play is ignored while a defender is penalised and gives a goal away because of something he could do nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Looking at that incident dispassionately it illustrates everything that's gone wrong with football. Back in the day, when common sense still applied, it would have been a free-kick against Wood for dangerous play and the handball claim would have been waved away, because there was clearly no intent on the part of the defender to play the ball with his hand, the contact was accidental, so there would have been no offence.

It worked in our favour this time, but what a ludicrous situation the cretins running the game have got us into, when dangerous play is ignored while a defender is penalised and gives a goal away because of something he could do nothing about.
    A very sensible and well thought out appraisal of the mess that VAR has inflicted on the game.

We like yourselves have lost well over six points this season through this duff technology.

PS I loved watching The British Game on Netflix.

You have done well this season regardless of the "Duff Tech", especially with the draining Europa League, even with better players than us you have excelled, keep gunning for the so called cream of the Prem Abbo and good luck for the future.

https://youtu.be/qhp8d4ZZyGc

Interesting views on Wednesday.

Dermott Gallagher on Ref Watch today said it was a difficult one and could have been dangerous play.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    https://youtu.be/qhp8d4ZZyGc

Interesting views on Wednesday.

Dermott Gallagher on Ref Watch today said it was a difficult one and could have been dangerous play.
    I'm not sure where he gets the 'could' from really, if your boot is so far off the ground that it's in the vicinity of a player's face, that's dangerous, end of.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)