+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is our squad 'Premiership' standard?

I think as others have said MM will get an extra 10% from the current squad but whether that's enough I have doubts. I think he'll have the players much better drilled than Neilson and I think MM is a better coach (not hard) so I expect us to play better football.

Before Covid many including me were saying we needed 3-5 players to compete for top 6, but that is likely out the window now. Hopefully once our status is confirmed we might see a couple of additions. If he's watched as many tapes as he says he has he'll know what we've lacked.

C'mon United

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Rangers on Wednesday
    Is that the old Rangers who had won trophies or the new Sevco Rangers who said they were a new club for tax purposes but wanted to keep their history? Either way, should be another good run out.

I believe it is the latter mate 😂

I think it is obvious we need some new players. Unfortunately everything that has happened has conspired to stop signings just now. Covid, Nielsen leaving after pre season started, Hearts taking the p1ss.

Would think there is probably a lust of players being looked and Mellon may be able to go after players he couldn’t with Tranmere.
    Hopefully some things will happen soon

Squad is to light for whole season , can certainly do with at least 4 new faces , I get the new manager wanting to judge the players as he hasn't seen much of them but we have , hopefully we will see some coming in

Might we see Butcher in his best position? Recall 6-2 game.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Might we see Butcher in his best position? Recall 6-2 game.
    As enjoyable as the final result was, the overall performance and possession was poor, let's not kid ourselves that we had a few breaks that resulted in goals for us that game, the 2-0 was a better all round display and the dees never laid a glove on us.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    As enjoyable as the final result was, the overall performance and possession was poor, let's not kid ourselves that we had a few breaks that resulted in goals for us that game, the 2-0 was a better all round display and the dees never laid a glove on us.
    You're right, we weren't all that good that night. But when Buthcher went back in place of Connolly & Harkes came on (about 30 mins I think, 1-1 at the time) the tide did turn for us a bit & anything we threw at them landed in the onion bag. Butcher was at CH in the previos game at Dunfermline where we won 2-0.

Butcher was motm Dens at cm alongside Harkes, dominated the game

I think what Butcher has proved since he has rejoined the club is whether he is at CH or CM, he is one of our most important players.

I still remember seeing lots of Tweets from United fans about Butcher when he signed last Jan saying he would be a terrible signing. One of the few stories of players who have come back to us a better player than when they left?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)