+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Arsenal....last chance saloon

V Arsenal....last chance saloon

I for one think we are lucky to be still in it. A win would put us in with an unbelievable chance of staying up.
    Now, what will Arsenal do, they are in the FA cup final and a sure way into Europe. I don't think they will qualify via the league so, do they now put all their eggs in one basket and rest up players in preparation? I would be suprised if they dont having played last night. We can only hope 4 or 5 are rested
    What can we do? Just go for it, no good playing out for a draw. Get a goal and do something we have failed to do all season, hold out for a 1-0 win.
    Team? No suprises, we havn't got much on the bench to shake it up.
    Its all about the application, concentration, bottle and taking that chance!

Mikel Arteta has devised an ingenious plan to beat Villa, its based on Arsenal showing up !

A draw doesn't make a fat bit of difference as I see it. A win for us obviously does. But so long as we aren't battered, it could well go to the last day if Watford are smashed by man City

By the time we kick off, we will know the Watford result, hopefully they will get done 3-0 especially with no Manager! This would, with a villa win put iur GD back into perspective and above them on 34 pts. 👀

If Watford were to lose to Man City and we somehow scraped a draw against Arsenal who then play Watford on the final day ahead of the Cup Final, players playing for their place points to an Arsenal win. We of course would need to beat West Ham who themselves have found some form - it's possible but a long shot.

I did read on Twitter that in the 63/64 season - Liverpool, Leeds and Coventry were winners of the 3 divisions with ourselves avoiding relegation on 34 points. Strewth!

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Mikel Arteta has devised an ingenious plan to beat Villa, its based on Arsenal showing up !
    😆😆😆😆

Quality 😆😆

I guess we are all thinking, not a chance? But sometimes villa do suprise, guess its better to bother with the maths once we finish the game as, we all know what a loss will do!🙄

We do indeed have a chance, a sporting chance, so we have to take it. Admittedly, we’ve been shocking against sides who play neat and tidy football. This includes both Saints and Bournemouth, who did the double over us. Teams with no football philosophy, like the jawdies, Burnley and the like, we do ok against.

Unfortunately, Arsenal fall into the former category. Good enough to keep the ball away from our strengths, and they are riddled with pace. David Luiz can afford to be as sh1t as he wants, safe in the knowledge that we can’t hit a barn door. If, and it’s a big if, we can force the odd corner/set piece, we may have a chance.

My spirits have been lifted after the goings-on at Watford and Bournemouth’s result v Saints. It’s that hope again, you know?, the one that kills ya.

UTV

With us and Watford to play, & with Tottenham's last game a tricky all London affair at Palace I think Arsenal will fancy their chances of sealing 7th spot which guarantees them a place in the Europa should Chelsea beat them in the Cup Final.

If we had a proven striker up front I'd say we're in with a chance, but sadly that ain't the case.

Unlikely but a win could almost guarantee us survival if watford and Bournemouth get thumped, a nice little draw at west ham.
    0-0 would keep us both up!👀
    A draw might be enough but means Beating west ham! So many if's a buts, but one thing is for sure, the team knows what they have to do and for once as tough as it is, they need to deliver! We are all praying The gooners have an off day, christ they we crap just a few weeks ago. We always seem to catch teams on a high but just look at utd in the semi final, they looked ordinary, I think we would have beaten them. I feel slightly cheated as we do not have a packed Villa park roaring the team on. 6 home games, played like a training ground session!
    Time for the talking to stop, lets see what our team are really made of ✌

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)