+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Guy Branston to Sunderland

O/T:- Guy Branston to Sunderland

Being considered for their Head of Recruitment position.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...-take-18629549
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-07-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Incredible really but then again he is mates with Big Jim.

Oh what a bummer they won't do series 3 - that would be a classic.

I know we're not supposed to like him but to his credit he was the one behind signing Jon Stead and was against signing Izale McLeod... Most of the other transfers you could probably argue either way were his or Moniz's idea (apart from the obvious foreign guys) but Stead himself talked about Branston and the falling out between Moniz and Branston over the signing of McLeod was quite a story at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I know we're not supposed to like him but to his credit he was the one behind signing Jon Stead and was against signing Izale McLeod... Most of the other transfers you could probably argue either way were his or Moniz's idea (apart from the obvious foreign guys) but Stead himself talked about Branston and the falling out between Moniz and Branston over the signing of McLeod was quite a story at the time.
    I think you're being exceptionally generous to him. Assuming he was responsible for most of the recruitment while he was here - and if he wasn't then why was here - then the minimum criticism would be that he didn't improve the side. Many would say his contribution was far more damaging than that. Just the snippets I saw on social media suggested he was rather over-confident in his ability and frankly not that bright. The report that Sunderland are looking at him just about sums up the mess they're currently in!

just goes to prove , its not what you know but who you know !

Ultimately people involved with football clubs where it is owners managers players or Guy Branston will be judged on whether they left the club in a better state than what they found it in. Case closed therefore in regards to Guy Branston.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Ultimately people involved with football clubs where it is owners managers players or Guy Branston will be judged on whether they left the club in a better state than what they found it in. Case closed therefore in regards to Guy Branston.
    I agree in some ways but if someone joins a club they can't always be judged on how the rest of it was run. I can't see though that Branston was a success in any way here.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree in some ways but if someone joins a club they can't always be judged on how the rest of it was run. I can't see though that Branston was a success in any way here.
    The appointment of this individual for me sums up the way the club was being run at the time. Haphazardly and with little thought for the long term despite a "5 year plan". Seen more five year plans in my life time than I've had hot dinners and I don't think I have ever seen one successfully executed anywhere.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 21-07-2020 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Grammar

If anyone has watched Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix they will realise they are a basket case of a club with deluded fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast