+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: queens signing news

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    well we are going to have a team on the park but its going to be the great unknown ,make or break for magic as this seasons squad will defo be all magic's signings ,his own team ,i just hope he can get it to gel quickly .
    Trial games already organised by AJ before he makes a decision on a few players and he’ll have more money to play with this season.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Trial games already organised by AJ before he makes a decision on a few players and he’ll have more money to play with this season.

lol johnny i mentioned about the trial games over a week ago when i was told about them by one of last seasons reserve players who has been asked to turn up ,and the usual suspect on here slated it ,anyways johnny things hopefully are looking up for queens and we can get the quality in needed to mount a real challenge to the top 4 this season .

lol johnny i mentioned about the trial games over a week ago when i was told about them by one of last seasons reserve players who has been asked to turn up ,and the usual suspect on here slated it ,anyways johnny things hopefully are looking up for queens and we can get the quality in needed to mount a real challenge to the top 4 this season .
    Trial games seem a really good idea, although it seems like a kind of throwback idea to me. I wonder if any other clubs have tried this route?

Exactly Francis, why can’t we challenge? We need to get some respectability back Into Dumfries regarding Queens; Christ, it’s gan tae be nigh 60 years since we played in the top division.

Only the diehards will return to Palmerston if all the club’s ambition is only to stay in the Championship. If Hewitson and his cronies don’t have deep enough pockets, then why the hell don’t they invite another couple of local businessmen on to the BOD to help the club move forward. Queens have stagnated far too long now and this breeds boredom and an apathetic local population.

Any spare funds made available from our recent windfall will have to be used sensibly, and not spent on inflated wages; especially on “hasbeans” looking at this very situation.

Moving forward, let’s get behind the club and support them in every way we possibly can! 👌

Can't see us targeting any league position and certainly not splashing any money as we are in the great unknown with this covid.
    No idea how it's going to work re attendance but it's bound to be badly hit and it was struggling pre covid !

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Can't see us targeting any league position and certainly not splashing any money as we are in the great unknown with this covid.
    No idea how it's going to work re attendance but it's bound to be badly hit and it was struggling pre covid !

we are in the same boat as all the other teams deek ,but we know have this dykes fund to use .

fecking mobile phones ,always puts k infront of a word that starts with an n for some reason .

we are in the same boat as all the other teams deek ,but we know have this dykes fund to use .

Hope I'm wrong but just can't see us splashing the cash. BOD could never be accused of being ambitious.

With the windfall from the sell on clause from the Dykes transfer then just how best should Queens invest this cash? Quick slash and try and purchase better than average Championship players but this would not get you many and the wages would have the club on their knees very quickly as the money evaporated into the pockets of these "better" players, let's face it the better players will already be playing at a higher level for equally higher wages. To invest for the future Queens should be looking at good potential youth players who we can sign up on longer term contracts giving us the possibility of other sell on benefits as happened with Dykes. The only reason we had Dykes was his Dumfries family connections and that he was off the radar of the larger clubs having come from Australia therefore was unknown. Spotting and getting these talented youngsters will clearly not be easy as they are generally snapped up early through the scouting organisations of the bigger clubs so we perhaps need to look at either currently unknown local talent, if they exist, or cast our nets further afield such as the North of England but whatever it will still be a gamble but I would rather have keen and enthusiastic youth than journeymen simply picking up wages for the minimum of effort.

IMO We should invest the money by knocking down Palmerston, sell off the land for housing or more business premises and relocate with a new stadium and training facilities.
    We have a builder running the club. What better time to make a permanent mark and invest for our future.

We sit watching football in a pigeon sh*t infested dump from the 1960's. Its time to give it the send off it deserves.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)